⚫⚫⚫

I went to English class and I could sense that this was not gonna be a good period for me at all. I sat down and instantly Roman started to eye my whole body and I moved uncomfortably. I twirled my pencil as Peter came in and the bell rang.

"Alright class how are we this evening" The substitute said

I almost had a heart attack, it was him the guy that basically bought me. I stared at him and for a few moments we made eye contact and didn't say a word. Roman looked at me confused as did Peter and I just stared at him wanting to scream.

"Um, let's just start with the lesson" He said nervously as he turned away from my gaze

I clutched my pencil and broke it and it snapped very loudly as he started to write something on the board. Roman and Peter looked at me with concern, but I didn't care all I wanted to do was scream. The class soon ended and everyone walked out of class including him and I followed him quickly.

"Fiona" Roman said trying to grab my arm but I walked to quickly

"Hey!" I yelled at him trying to catch up, "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same question" He said as he kept walking

"I go to school here" I said and He didn't say anything back and I still followed him, "What bidding on me wasn't enough for you?"

"Listen kid," He said grabbing my arm tightly, "I did you a favor by buying you and technically I own you"

"Where's the papers?" I asked

He laughed letting go of my arm, "Look, I had no idea you went to this school in fact I planned on never seeing you again, but look how that turned out"

I stared at him not believing a word that came out of his petty little mouth. "What do you even want from me?"

"Nothing" He whispered and walked away to his car

I stood there watching him leave then there was a hand on my shoulder, "Everything okay?" Roman asked

I didn't answer him just walked away acting like no one said anything to me. I went home and sat on the porch smoking watching the cars go by. I heard the door open and Mom came out and sat adjacent from me and I pretended that I didn't notice.

"Roman called" Mom said, "Said you haven't been answering your phone. He wanted to make sure you were okay after something that happened at school"

Mom rubbed her hands at the cold weather. I never told Mom or Peter about how the person tried to bid me off for 201 grand and I wasn't going to but it had to come up soon.

"Ya know how I was kidnapped and shit?" I said, "Well after all that I was bided off to random ass people and the person who bought me was at school today" I paused, "I mean he didn't try to hurt me or anything I was so mad at him that he bought that I just wanted to-"

"Scream" Mom said cutting me off

I looked over at her and sighed, "Exactly. And it's not even an 'I hate you' scream its an 'I know you in a creepy but related way'"

Mom sighed and looked off into the street and a car pulled up and I looked at it curiously because I knew I'd seen that car before. My theory was right because when they stepped out of the car I was heated.

My Mom stood up and walked over to him, "Go"

"Autumn I-"