Fifty-Eight

Songs:
Fix You - Coldplay 

UNI - Ed Sheeran 

Skinny Love - Bon Iver

| fifty-eight |

Harry’s body was frozen. Every muscle, every nerve ending, every single fiber of his being had seemingly stopped functioning all at once. All because of one simple word: kiss. 

His thoughts began to grow wild. The demons that had been at bay over the past little while awoke. They too began to grow into a deep frenzy over this new revelation. A panic started to bubble inside of Harry. She didn’t cheat. She couldn’t have. No- she wouldn’t have. He had to be right. Ava didn’t seem to be the type of person to go and cheat. Especially knowing Harry’s past and his relationship with his birth mother. Her character seemed to have some type of decency to not succumb to this type of behaviour and action. 

At least - that’s what he kept telling himself. 

Harry’s love, the love that he had fallen head first into, began to come up with possible scenarios that would explain Ava and Mack kissing. 

The first scenario was that it wasn’t actually a kiss, but mouth to mouth resuscitation. Ava went to the pool one day and Mack being the dumb twit that he was, fell into the deep end and began to drown. Unfortunately Ava, having the kind hearted soul that she has, decided to be a saving angel and rescue him. He was unconscious and she could’t find it in herself to leave him to rot (as much as Harry would enjoy to see), and gave him the breath of life. 

But knowing how much Ava hates the water and how she was like a fish out of water, well, in the water, that scenario did not quite make sense. 

The second scenario was that Ava and Jax decided to join an improv group. Mack is actually gay (according to Harry), and is in love with Jax. Ava decided to set them up. During the improv class Mack was assigned a kissing scene. But when Ava went to volunteer Jax to go up, the bastard went to the washroom leaving Ava the only possible option. Hence the kiss. 

Except, Harry knew how much Ava hated talking in front of people. An improv class was a recipe for disaster, and possible dramatic fainting (minus the scene), and something that Ava would never do willingly. 

That left Harry with the only possible scenario. Mack is a complete jackass and kissed Ava when she was in a dark alleyway alone and vulnerable. Now he was just being an even bigger prick and bugging her about it. 

Yeah, Harry thought to himself, That was it. And when I see him, I’m going to murder the bastard.

But as much as Harry had hoped that this was actually Mack’s sick doing, a part of him was yelling that Ava had more to play than he hoped. That she had lied to Harry and was going behind his back. 

“Damn it Ava.” Harry growled under his breath. 

-

Ava opened the door of the bathroom. Her heart was beating erratically in her chest. She was beyond thrilled that Harry was here. 

She missed him. She missed him so much that everything that she had done behind his back was the least of her concern. All that she wanted to do right was savor her time with him. 

After freshening up, Ava went back into her bedroom. 

Harry was sat up. He was now dressed back into his tight black jeans and loose fitted plaid shirt. Ava’s brows scrunched up. She was absolutely confused. “Why are you dressed?” She carefully walked up to where Harry sat. His hands were in his lap holding on to something tightly. His eyes were dark and locked in on whatever it was that he was holding.