Part 2

Lily and Judy stood shivering in line as the October's wind was tickling their skin. The bouncer was getting closer and closer, illuminating with light from a neon sign above the club's door. Everytime the door swung open a blast of music was heard over New York's busy streets. Judy was ready to leave her troubles behind and enter the nightlife of the city that never sleeps. Who needs Rick and all his other women, right?

"We are getting you so drunk tonight, you'll be lucky if you don't wake up in a hospital,." Lily grinned enthusiastically. Judy let an insecure laugh escape and physically shook from a mixture of cold and Lily's comment. Oh to hell with it, why can't I get some fun today.

"Fine, but you don't get to leave me all on my own."

"Of course not! When have I ever done anything like that?" Judy rolled her eyes, remembering their sophomore year in college when Judy got drunk, but instead of leaning on Lily's shoulder for support like she planned and hoped, she found herselfwas leaning on some freshman, sorority girl. Lily, however, was off God- knows- where with some sSenior guy...

"ID please." a menacing looking guy asked in a deep voice. Judy was caught off guard and practically jumped when she heard his voice. She scrambled for her purse, getting her ID out in a hurry that, she too late realized, probably looked suspicious. The bouncer looked tough, but then again that is part of his job description, yet Judy couldn't help but shrink away from him as he inspected their identifications. He gave Lily her ID back, and she brushed her hand across his and winked at him; however, he didn't give any emotion. The bouncer took his time with Judy's ID.

"Last name?" he asked. Judy looked at him confused for a second, then quickly replied with Knott.

"Doesn't it say that on there? I'm 26, I've been to plenty of clubs, it's okay tough guy." She said, chuckling lightly somewhat because of what she said, but mostly from nerves. The bouncer scorned down at her and Judy thought she just made a terrible mistake with that comment, but he gave her, her ID back and opened the door. It took Judy's eyes a second to adjust to the darkness and neon light and her ears hurt from such loud music. The music was booming through her whole body and she could feel her heart in tune with the fast pace of the song. Just as Judy started to get the feel of the vibe and started to move her hips to the song, a hand grabbed her from behind and Judy quickly swung around. Lily's smile almost blinded Judy. Lily was mouthing words but Judy couldn't make any of them out.

"What?!" Judy yelled back. Lily got closer to Judy and leaned in to whisper in her ear. Instead she screamed.

"What do you say? Let's go to the bar! Flirt like the old times?" Judy shrunk back from the blast of noise in her ear, but chuckled anyways and noded. She had forgotten all her problems, insecurities, and even Rick entirely. Judy was ready to simply enjoy the night.

At the bar, after about 8 drinks and 2 bathroom breaks, a cute Italian guy came up to Judy and Lily.

"Scusi, permesso?" he asked, giving out his hand to Lily, smiling politely. She looked back at Judy, the biggest smile of her face. She gave Judy a wink and disappeared into the crowd. Judy was left alone at the bar, but not for long. A guy, around his 30s, came up and sat next to Judy. He was ginger and cute, but nothing too special.

"Well hello there. I'm Jerry Goldberg."