Chapter 1

It is a cold Monday in Harding , another sign of how far spring was. Unlike most people (which I usually am) I didn't hate the rain, to me it resembled a clean slate. Which is exactly what I need right now. It is early February and I am a senior in high school. I go to a small school in New Jersey. I know everyone in my grade, if not in my school. Everything seemed to be okay, except for the trivial drama that has become so much part of my life in this past year. But then again friends always equal drama and this is the first year I have opened up to my friends since the cocoon I wrapped myself in freshman year. I don't regret opening my life to my friends, I really have missed them. Still I wanted nothing more than to go to college and leave my high school memories behind.

I pulled into spot 159 at 7:40 am, 15 minutes early and ready to take on the day. I walked in and saw my friends in their usual spot. I walked over to them and said my good mornings. Almost everyone replied with one exception Joanie, who walked right past me. I figured she must be mad at me, yet again. I walked to my locker annoyed and ran into someone because of my lack of attention.

I bent down to pick up my books. He bent down too, and our eyes met. They were electric green, I barely saw him but I knew he was gorgeous. He had the most beautiful face I had ever seen, my jaw actually dropped. He smiled a striking smile at me and I blushed. We both stood up and still smiling he handed me my books. Who was he? It's rare to see a new face around here, and he definitely wasn't the norm. He was still looking at me so I immediately apologized, not wanting to be rude. He smiled nodded and walked away. For the first time as he walked away I noticed he was wearing a suit. How weird! What new student would be wearing a suit on the first day! Strange! I hurried to my locker got my books and rushed to homeroom knowing I would be running a little late because of the collusion.

I made it just in time, walking in at the end of the bell. My teacher made a snide remark of my lateness. I ignored her, walked to my desk and sat down. I turned to talk with Joanie, only to remember that she was mad at me, I tried anyway. With Joanie I realized her greatest enemy is herself and the nicer you act when she in one of her moods, makes her madder. Don't get me wrong, I love jaonie but lately she has been acting so annoying I sometimes feel like were in the 8th grade. Fight after fight and I honestly just can't handle it anymore. I know it's time to drop the dead weight but waiting till graduation seems like the easier and most civil way to do it.

"Hey Joanie!" I said, with my most genuine smile on.

"Lily." She replied with the slightest smile.

Hmmm, so she was mad at me I wonder what I did this time. It was time to start prying. "How was your weekend, girl?" I know this was eating her up inside and I know how wrong it was to keep this up but I couldn't stop myself, it was too funny.

"Fine." Ahhh, it must be bad we're at one word responses without even asking about mine.

"Just fine? Wow. My weekend was absolutely amazing!" I know this is wrong but it feels so good. And watching her face literally turn red with anger was priceless. I would never have done this if I had deserved her being mad at me. But honestly I just didn't, I was being nicer to her than usual and it was just getting quite old. I turned back around knowing if I kept looking at her stifling my smile, would become impossible.

Just then I got a text from Kayla

Meet me in the bathroom...NOW!

I got up told my teacher I need to go to the restroom and practically ran to the bathroom knowing if I didn't get there before the pledge I'd be stuck in the hallway. I was worried about Kayla she also was having girl drama, except hers was delivered by Allison, the most caniving bitch in the school (excuse my language but it's necessary). I made it to the bathroom and as soon as the door closed I hear the pledge of allegiance begin. Just in time again!

"Kay?" that was my nickname for her.

"Hey Lil," that was what she called me. "I'm so sorry about this I feel terrible taking you out of home room with Joanie." We both burst out laughing and she sat down against the wall like we always did in times of crisis. That was when I knew something was really wrong. That I was going to be in here until homeroom was over which was honestly fine by me! I joined her on the floor.

I didn't bother with a what's wrong I knew what was wrong, Allison. "What did she do this time? Honestly this girl needs to learn her boundaries I'm about to talk to her myself." I said. I knew she would never let me do this but honestly I would, Kay is my best friend we were the trio until freshman year when a third of us, and half of my heart was ripped out and torn to pieces right in front of my eyes.