Blue Beetle x Reader

Start from the beginning

It was Jaime's turn to laugh in embarrassment. "Y-yeah. To tell you the truth, I've just been lacking sleep lately."

Tye stared at you in confusion before shrugging, eyes going back to his phone. You ate in silence for the rest of lunch.

* * *

Releasing a long breath, you flattened out your outfit one last time, giving yourself a stern stare in the mirror.

"Okay, now remember," you started. "If he's not there after thirty minutes - dump his ass and leave." You continued to stare at yourself and let out a loud whine. But that's so mean!

Groaning, you glanced at the time and decided to the theatre, where you were meant to meet Jaime for a movie you really wanted to see - plus, he was offering to buy the food plus tickets, so it wasn't exactly like you could say no.

When you arrived, you saw that you were about ten minutes early. Which was fine, because the film always began with at least ten minutes of ads, which could technically give Jaime enough time to arrive if he were late.

But then the first ten minutes went by, then the other ten. 

"He's probably stuck in traffic," you said to yourself nervously, an anxious feeling boiling in your gut. But when another ten minutes passed, you let out a defeated sigh, tears threatening to stain your cheeks.

The ringing of your phone caught your attention as you left the building. You glared at the I.D. before answering.

"What do you want, Jaime?"

"I'm so so sorry," he rambled hectically, his breathing loud. It sounded like he was running. "I'm really sorry, I'm running late I-"

"It's fine," you said through your teeth, still stomping as you walked. "I didn't want to see that film anyway."

Jaime stopped rambling. "But you talked about it for the entire week."

You bit your lip. "I-I mean. . . why aren't you here?" You finally asked.

"I- there was a- I'm just- I'm almost there now."

"It doesn't matter, Jaime. I already left and I'm about to catch the bus." You huffed loudly. "Just tell me why you didn't show up, again," you asked, hurt being replaced by anger.

"I-" Jaime sighed. "I-I actually can't tell you. But, honestly, I'm almost there. We can see a later screening if you-"

"I don't want anything, Jaime," you spat, anger controlling your words and thoughts. "And I especially with you." You took in a deep breath, the words rolling off your tongue. "Consider this a break up, seeing as you don't want to see me anymore anyway." Before you could give him a moment to respond, you hung up the phone.

You held in the tears on your ride back home, the rining of your phone in your pocket falling silent in your ears.

* * *

A week had passed and you had strongly avoided making any kind of contact with Jaime, as well as Tye, which was considerably hard as he always asked you questions about Jaime when he saw you.

"Just drop it, Tye," you growled, slamming your locker shut and making your way towards the doors. If you weren't quick, Jaime would find you both and you weren't in the mood to even try to hear him explain himself for his recent behavior.

"C'mon, (Y/N). You really need to give him another chance. The poor guy has-"

"You think I care what he's feeling right now?" You said with a scoff, rolling your eyes as you spoke. "Last time I checked, no one else has been asking how I felt - pre and post break up." Though, and you wouldn't say this out loud, but when Jaime had begun breaking off your dates it felt like you had already broken up.