thirty-one| one phone call

THIRTY-ONE

THE BLONDE PRISONER FELT AS IF SHE WAS A GHOST

THE BLONDE PRISONER FELT AS IF SHE WAS A GHOST. From getting her thumb printed to frowning for her mugshot, Destiny Young did not feel any emotion. Whispers would lurk down the cell hallways when the actress would walk by, and occasional screaming of her name startled the girl.

But Destiny kept herself together. Somewhat.

"Hey, blondie." A guard yelled at her during their evening meal, "Hope you get use to these five star meals. You'll be seeing plenty of them."

And what hurt her the most, was that they were right. She was going to be in this hell for god knows how long, all because the girl was defending herself.

Later that night, screaming erupted through out the jail, making Destiny's nightmares become reality. She couldn't sleep, her bed was as rough as a surgical table, and the coldness she felt did not please her one bit.

Destiny's thoughts drifted to Harry most hours of the day. The way he held her that night in New York, his radiant smile that sends shivers down her spine. The way he told her he's in love with her so proudly, and how she felt the exact same way.

One day during chores, she was scrubbing the bathroom down all by her lonesome. Destiny couldn't think straight due to her thoughts being clouded by a certain British brunette. Tears rolled down her face at the thought of him hearing she was in here, wondering what he thought of her now.

"He doesn't love me anymore.." She whispered to herself as she stood up straight, wiping her eyelids. "Why would he?"

And that's what she continued to say to herself for the past hour, before humming a tune to calm herself down.

"Destiny Young?" A guard asked her while she finished up in the bathroom, earning a slow nod from the inmate.

"You still haven't used your one phone call." The guard let down her wall and gave a soft smile towards the broken blonde. "Would you like too? I could give you an extra minute if you'd like."

Destiny closed her eyes, before giving her a firm yes. "Thank you."

"Follow me."

***

INCOMING CALL: LOS ANGELES COUNTY JAIL

ACCEPT || DECLINE

"You have an incoming call from inmate; Destiny Young; if you choose to accept, please press one now."

"Goose? Is that you?"

"H-Harry-"

"Oh my god, Des, it's you, it's really you."

"Of course it's me, who else would you call Goose?"

"How are you, love? Are you doing alright?"

"I-I-no. I'm not okay, Harry."

"Goose, I'm going to get you out of there. I promise you that."

"Why would you do that for me? I thought you would hate me by now-"

"I could never hate you, Destiny. I love you way to much to even think about hating you."

"You don't have to say that, Harold. I did an awful thing to you-"

"Tom told me what Dawson threatened you, Destiny. He told me everything."

"He did?"

"Yes, he told me all of it. He also told me you were just trying to protect me and my career, but Destiny, none of that matters."

"Of course it matters, Harry, it's your career, your future! I was going to let a jackass like Dawson throw that away."

"Music isn't my future, Destiny. Well, I mean, I hope it could be, but you are my future. You always have been and I would throw away my career just to be with you."

"Harold, I will not be the reason you give up on something you love, you know that."

"Baby, are you listening to all this cheesy shit I'm saying? I'm in love with you. Can't you see that you are my future."

"I'm in love with you too, Harry. I'm so sorry for hurting you."

"You can make up for it when I see you soon. All I ask is to receive a kiss and then you are forgiven."

"When did you get to be such a cheesy bastard?"

"Louis might've taught me a thing or two."

"Harry, I have to go. The call is almost up."

"Hey, stay safe for me, love. I'm going to get you out of there soon."

"Okay, I love-beeeeeep"

"I love you too, Goose."

CALL ENDED

***

MKSKSNVK<<SV LLSV SKFISVK THEY ARE SO ADORABLE I WANT TO REUNITE THEM SO BADLY

love always,

jamiewrites3