Chapter 6: Prey & Prize

Começar do início

I was aware that Kabir Bakshi wasn't a person to be fooled. He had his contacts and if he knows that his daughter is safe, then we'll lose it completely. Naira was sitting beside me with her head leaning on my shoulder and her eyes closed but her cheeks were still wet.

" I need some time."

Rian was looking at me for the answer.

I gestured that he had all the time he wanted.

" You have all the time you need. But remember that your daughter is with us. The more you delay, the worst her condition will be. I hope you understand what I mean." Saying so he hung up.

" Boss... Now what?"

" I'll speak to you in some time. Wait in the study and check out those guys. " He understood what I meant. Naira wasn't sleeping and I don't want her to know that she is really in danger and I'm not the person she should be scared of. 

" Hey!! C'mon... Let's eat. " I said trying to get her back on her feet. 

" What about him? " She asked looking at me with her beautiful red-blue eyes. 

" What?" 

" He said my mom misses me. What about him? Does he not? I told you he won't yield. He doesn't..." She held her face in her palm and shook her head. 

" Naira, hey... He does, he does love you and definitely misses you. C'mon..."

" Shivaan, you don't know what has happened between us. You don't know anything. It was terrible. it might not be a big deal for you but for me it is. Seven years is a very long time and now I feel as if nothing's changed. I don't wanna eat. I want to sleep.." She stood up but then she tripped falling on me again until our eyes met.

I grabbed her from the waist and picked her in my arms.

" W-Wait... What are you doing? "

" Helping you... When you don't eat you will need help, right? " She made a face and looked away wrapping her hands around my neck.

" Anyways, you at least have someone you call Dad and Mom. You have someone to miss. Not everyone is that lucky. " I said softly and she looked at me. For a long time, we didn't say anything just letting the moment be. 

" We've reached. Can I?" I asked whether I could put her down not that I wanted to.

" Huh!! Ya. Thanks... " She said as I put her on the bed. I was about to go to study when she called me.

" Aye Mafia!!" I turned to look at her. I was starting to like it when she called me like that. 

" Thanks... I heard his voice after a long time and I realized that I missed him no matter what." I smiled weakly.

"You're welcome, always. If you're hungry you can always find something yourself. But let me tell you, you should diet often." I winked. 

" What?" She nearly jumped on the bed.

" Yeah! My hands are already sore after I picked you up twice. " I said laughing but she could see that I was messing with her but it was always fun.

Suddenly she threw a pillow at my face.

" Hey!! I didn't ask you to pick me up. I might go and just stuff myself more. I ain't fat..." I heard her shout as I was leaving the room.

" I never said that..." I shouted back.

Then I went straight to the study room. Rian was already waiting for me.

" So, what's the news?" I asked getting into a suit.