Chapter 4

Zoe's POV

The sound of a low aircraft woke me. We were at Brighton City Airport. Alfie pulled into the car park and opened the car door. I opened my door and jumped out. Alfie started getting the bags out of the car and I opened the door the wake up Cyra and Laura. Cyra was still asleep but she was twitching and shaking. I thought she was cold but when I put my hands on her arms to stop them moving, my hands shook until I let go. Suddenly she let out a scream.
"Cyra! Cyra wake up!" I shouted trying fight the fear bubbling inside of me. She woke with a snap, staring fearfully up at me.
"Are you alright?" I asked
"Yeah, I'm fine." She replied but she didn't look fine. I remembered when we first saw her at the orphanage. She was terrified of everything and everyone. The lady who ran the orphanage said that for the first few months she had shouted and twitched in her sleep. She looked like her old self now.
"Are you sure because-" I began to asked but I was interrupted  by Laura, who had been asleep until now.
"C'mon Zoe." Said Alfie, who was trying to quieten Laura and check his watch at the same time. I dropped the matter and comforted Laura. I was planning to spring the matter on her when she was least excepting it and she would tell me, hopefully. I put Laura firmly on my hip and we set off, into the airport.

                        💫     💫     💫

About 2 hours later, I was exhausted and I slumped into my plane seat. Alfie opened the tiny door, lifted Laura into her seat, let Cyra clamber past and he shut the door. Cyra was being an absolute angel and she put on Laura's seatbelt, adjusted the tv screen and put on a Disney film. Laura was squealing with delight and I was cooed at her. I was so happy that we adopted them. The title came on screen, Laura payed attention to the film and I plugged in my earphones, ready for a long flight.

Authors note
I'm going on holiday in half term so I'll try to post more chapters but, I can't promise anything. Peace out ✌🏼