t e n

i walk into the hallway, still shaking. the front door flies open just as i walk away from it. i jump.
"it got bev!" bill yells. i turn around and frown.
"what? what do you mea-"
"it! it got bev. i-it's taken her!" he splutters, looking at me with extreme concern clouding his eyes. i look at him, and nibble my lip.
"well, fuck." i mumble. he nods vigorously.
"we n-n-need to find her!" he says, motioning towards his bike which was laying on the grass outside.
"okay. okay, let's go. i'll grab my bike."

----

we pull up in front of the theater, and throw our bikes on the ground. i follow bill into the arcade, where richie stands in front of one of the games, hammering the buttons.

"richie!" bill shouts. richie turns his head slightly towards us, looking at us, before turning back to his game.

"what do you want?" he asks. "you see that guy i'm hitting? i'm pretending it's you." he says to bill.

"i-i-i-it got beverly." bill stutters.

"what are you talking about?" richie asks. he smashes the flashing button, and kicks the pixel man on the screen.

"it, richie! it got bev." i yell. richie turns towards us, leaving his game behind. he gulps.

----

we all ride down the street on our bikes. mike had a gun slung around his body, and it tapped against the metal of his bike. i stop pedaling as we reach neibolt, and i shiver. the haunted memories of eddie and i's cries of fear fill my head, the piercing glow of the clowns eyes. i swallow and walk towards the door. everyone follows me, and bill begins to take his backpack off.

"guys, spikes." he says. as bill begins to assemble the spikes, i watch as eddie takes off his fanny pack, and launches it. i smile slightly, before taking the spike bill had thrusted towards me. richie walks over to a dead log on the ground, and picks up an empty beer bottle. he smashes it on the banister of the porch stairs, and tiny shards of glass fly about. we all look at him, and he turns to us. he eyes the glass that he had left in his hand, and throws it to the side.

we all enter the house, and i inhale the familiar smell of dust and... death. i walk around, shining my torch around.

"stan?" eddie asks, and i turn around. stan stands in the doorway, shaking. i exhale and walk towards him. 

"c'mon, stan. we need to save bev." i say. he doesn't tear his gaze from inside the house. i step so i'm standing in front of him, blocking his view. his eyes meet mine

(those brown eyes oh my god what i would do for those brown eyes)

and he studies my face. i reach out and grab his hand, tugging him into the house. richie gasps slightly, but turns away when stan enters the house. stan looks at me, and nods. i let go of his hand. we tread towards the room where the well is, and carefully walk down a set of old stairs. the room is quite big, with a dirt floor. in the corner of the room is a cobblestone well. the front of it had been crumbled away, and it was coated in a thick layer of blood.

"hey, eddie. you got a quarter?" richie asks, shining his torch on the well.

"i wouldn't want to make a wish in that fucking thing." eddie replies. we all gather round the well, peering down it.

"beverly?" ben shouts down the well. his voice echoes, bouncing off the worn walls. 

"how are we supposed to get down there?" mike asks. i turn around and point to a rope, tucked away in the corner. we throw the rope down the vast drop in the well, and bill begins to climb down it. i watch nervously as my brother clambers down the thick rope, and drops into a hole in the side of the wall. eddie follows him, and soon, we're all down in the hole. i sit at the back with stan, waiting for mike to come down.

"hey, kat..." stan starts and i turn to him. he stares at me, and i tilt my head slightly to the side.

"what?" he slowly begins to lean forward and i realize what is happening. my heart starts pumping faster. my first kiss is going to be in a sewer, i thought. suddenly, i hear shouting coming from the boys in front of us, and stan and i whip our heads around. 

"mike!" someone yells.

"you okay?" richie asks.

"bowers..." bill says. i look at bowers. his face is covered in blood... the blood of his father. i gasp.

"mike, fuck..." i whisper. bowers laughs and grabs the rope, pulling it out of the well.

"nonononononono!" richie says.

"grab the rope!" i yell. bill and ben scramble for the end of the rope, but they miss it.

"shit..." eddie mutters.

"you didn't listen to what i told ya, did ya?" i hear bowers' muffled voice. "you should've stayed out of derry. your parents didn't, and look what happened to them. i still get sad every time i pass by that pile of ashes... sad. that i couldn't of done it myself." i hear bashing around on the ground.

"mike!!!" everyone yells.

"i sh-sh-should get up there." bill says, spreading his arms out.

"are you insane? with what?" eddie asks, pulling him back. i hear bowers yell, and i watch him as he tumbles down the well, his back cracking as it hit the wall. i scream.

"holy shit!" richie shouts, pointing the torch down the well.

"mike!" eddie screams.

"i'm okay." mike replies, panting. he leans the ammunition for the gun on the wall, and it slowly starts to slip.

"mike, the bullets!" i yell, just as they fall.

"no!" mike yells, and he tries to catch them.

"fuck!" i sigh.

"where's stan..?" eddie asks, shining his torch down the length of the tunnel.

"huh?" i say, turning around.

stan wasn't there.

"stan? stan!" eddie and i begin to yell, and soon everybody else yells as well. we crawl down the tunnel and come out into a sewer. the water splashes up my legs. we run down the sewers.

"stan!" richie yells.

"stanley!" eddie shouts. i hear screaming from the distance and immediately break into a sprint. i was determined to find stan, whatever it took. we come to a huge metal door, and we all push against it. it finally busts open and we run into a room. water poured from a sewer in the ceiling

".stan!" i scream, as my torch finds his shaking body, lying on the floor. something hovers over him, it's teeth deep in the flesh of his face. i scream again, and the thing removes itself from stan's face. it was a women, but her features were crooked. her face had a deep curve in it, and the iris' of her eyes were long gone. razor sharp teeth crowd her mouth.

"what the fuck is that thing?" richie yells, grabbing onto my arm.

"i don't fucking know, but it's eating stan's fucking face!" i yell back. the woman folds herself away into a hole in the wall, but her hand stays attached to the wall. the clown makes an appearance and it cackles. i whimper, my hand gripping onto bills. the clown crawls away, and i rush over to stan.

"stan! stan, oh my god. oh my fucking god!" i scream, and he scrambles away, leaning his back against a wall.

"no! no!" stan screams. "you left me!  you made me go into the evil! you aren't my friends!"  my heart breaks. i push past everyone, and take both his hands in mine.

"we would never." i say, and i hug him, being careful of the wounds on each side of his face.

"you made me go! you made me go into the evil..." stan cries.

"i'm sorry!" eddie cries, and flings his arms around us. we stay like that, as stan cries.

"you know we wouldn't let anything happen to you. we wouldn't do that to you." i coo, as i trace circles with my thumb on his knuckles. he lets out a sob, and my heart breaks a bit more.

"where'd bill go?"