"This apology is sufficient."

He shook his head and gave her another killer smile. Jamie's heart sped up. Lord please don't let me do something stupid, she thought to herself.

"You're very kind to say that, Jamie but I'd actually like to make it up to you by giving you a tour of the city, maybe introducing you to a few friends of mine so you won't be lonely in a new place. I was hoping you had some free time. It's almost lunchtime and I thought we could go catch a bite to eat and then I can take you to some of the places to hang out around here."

She raised a brow. Why was he being so nice to her? Though he was dressed casually in a pair of khaki pants and black polo crew neck shirt, she could tell every item he wore was expensive. This wasn't think kind of guy who would take notice of someone like her. "It's not necessary."

"But I'd like to. Besides Aunt Fiona will have my head if I don't make up for my bad manners from the brunch."

Jamie didn't know why hearing that Fiona had put him up to this made her feel a bit disappointed. She should have known that someone like him wouldn't take a genuine interest in someone like her. He seemed like the type to have a blonde socialite from a wealthy background on his arm. "Well, you can tell Aunt Fi that I've forgiven you so you don't have to take me anywhere. Besides, don't you have to work?"

He gave her a smile that made her heart beat rapidly within her chest. "Well that's one of perks of being the boss. You can make your own schedule and I cleared mine to spend the day with you that is if you don't have any other plans."

"I don't but—"

"Then it's all settled. We're going out. Besides, I already have something set up for us."

Without giving Jamie a chance to protest, he took her hand. The second they touched, something like felt like an electric current shot through her body. It happened so quickly she wasn't sure if she'd imagined it. A small gasp left her lips and she looked up to see him frown before looking down at their linked hands. When he met her gaze again, he smiled.

"Come on, let's get out of here."

It felt as if her body went to auto pilot until she was in the passenger of what appeared to be a very expensive black sports car. It wasn't until he pulled out of the driveway did it really register what was happening. "Wait, I never agreed to go anywhere with you. Turn the car back around."

Since her hearing aid was on her right side and Lex was facing the road, she had no idea what he said in response. She tapped him on the shoulder making him take his eyes off the road briefly.

"I have to pay attention to the road," was all he said before facing forward again.

Frustrated, Jamie crossed her arms over her chest and slunk down in her seat with a pout. This was basically kidnapping. She didn't understand why she had to go out with him just to ease his guilty conscience. She aimlessly looked out the window until they entered what looked like an airfield.

Lex got out of the vehicle and walked to her side of the car and opened the door, holding it open for her. She wanted to ignore the hand he held out her because she was still annoyed with him but she reluctantly took it.

"Where are we?"

Lex turned to face her. "You'll see." He placed her hand on the small of her back and she pulled herself away from him, placing several inches of space between them.

He tapped her shoulder so that she could look at him. "Look Jamie, you're not going to have a good time if you have an attitude for the rest of the day."