t h r e e

you woke up from the guest room in finn's house. time to get ready, you thought to yourself. you got up and walked to your backpack, rummaging through your things. shit. i forgot to bring a shirt. you realized.
    you walked over to finn's room and knocked on the door, opening it at the same time.
"hey, um, can i borrow a shirt?" you asked finn, who was laying down on his bed, occupied by his phone.
"oh. sure, yeah. one sec." he turned off his phone and walked over to his closet. from what you could see, he pulled out his old, yet still iconic, blue jays t-shirt. your eyes widened.
"no way. you are not giving me that." you told him in shock.
he shrugged.
"no, take it. it's too small for me anyways." he said, holding it out towards you.
     you looked at him, slightly raising an eyebrow.
"take it, y/n,"
"thanks," you shyly said.
you grabbed the shirt he offered you and walked into his bathroom. you got yourself ready and slipped the shirt on along with your spare bottoms. his shirt had a faint smell of cologne. you liked the smell, as it reminded you of him.
     you left the bathroom and walked over to his room.
"ready to go?" you asked him.
"yeah. hold on." he got up from his bed and walked over to his closet, pulling out what he was going to wear.
you stood outside of his room waiting for him to get ready. after a few minutes, he came out from the door.
"ready?" he asked you.
"yeah."
"wanna go?"
you nodded.
    you quickly grabbed something to eat for breakfast, and he did the same. you both hopped into his car and he drove over to the movie theater. once you arrived, you bought tickets and went to your seats after buying food and drinks.

♡♡♡

after about fifteen minutes into the movie, you heard a familiar voice. it was lexi's. she walked over to your seats, with another girl trailing behind her.
"oh, hey finnie." she said excitedly.
"hi y/n." she said, rolling her eyes.
"this here is madison." she said, pointing to her friend.
"what are you doing here?" finn asked her.
"the real question is, why is y/n wearing your shirt?"
"shit." he whispered.
"listen, lex, let me explain! i swear! she didn't have her own shirt!"
"cliché." she said, crossing her arms.
"lexi, there's a movie going on! why do we have to do this right now?"
"i swear, there's absolutely nothing going on between y/n and me!" he yelled.
"then explain that," she said, pointing at you.
"i just did! will you please just trust me?" he said. you heard his voice become shaky.
"you know what, finn? forget about tonight! how can i possibly trust you? i thought you loved me!" she said, running out of the theater, madison following her.
"lexi, i do! i do! don't go!" he yelled.
"please." he lowered his voice.
    you looked over at him, his head buried in the palms of his hands.
"finn?" you tapped his shoulder.
"don't talk to me." he said.
"finn, if you're going to act like this for the rest of the movie, then let's just go." you said. he got up and left. you copied his actions and followed him over to his car.
       he didn't say a word.
"finn?" you asked him, trying to break the silence. no answer.
"finn." you said again. still nothing. you eventually gave up.
     you arrived back to his house and he rushed upstairs to his room. you looked over at nick in the kitchen.
"what's with him?" nick asked.
"lexi." you told him.
"ah. i knew they would never last."
you chuckled. "don't joke about this, nick. he's really upset."
"try talking to him. it's the least you can do."
"yeah. i mean, i did try. he's not answering."
"then just talk. just because he's not answering doesn't mean he's not listening."
you smiled. "thanks, nick."
you ran to the guest room and waited a few hours, busied by your phone. once the time had passed, you walked over to finn's room.
welp, here goes nothing.