XI

I walk out of my last class and walk to Conner's locker, waiting for him. I soon see him walk out if his class, along with a bunch of other kids. He sees me and smiles as he walks towards his locker.

"Hey babe. "
He says as he unlocks his locker.

"Hi. "
I reply, smiling widely.

I look away a moment to see a kid on the football team, Liam, storming over to us. He pushes Conner to the side.

"What the hell man?! You got Derek kicked off the team!"

"He kicked himself off the team. I didn't do anything. "

"You punched him, then claimed it was self defense! Only because he was saying shit about your pathetic boyfriend!"

"He's not pathetic. And it was self defense. Now, either you'll leave us alone, or I'll get you kicked off the team as well. "

He growls "you had no right to do that!" Liam says pushing Conner a little.

I bite my lip and push Liam back "l-leave Conner alone." I say biting my lip harder.

"Make me." He growls.

I go to hit Liam, but Conner grabs the back of my shirt and pulls me towards him.

"Liam, try talking to me when you're not on your period. "

I look back at Conner as he grabs the rest of his stuff and closes his locker. I grit my teeth and Liam stomps away.

"Why did you stop me!?" I say shouting a little.

"Because there are teachers around, and you'd get in serious trouble. "

I look down angry gritting my teeth.

"Don't be mad. I'm just helping. "

"if you were helping you'd let me beat the shit out of him!"

"Zack, calm down. I didn't want you to get in trouble, and I doubt you want to get in trouble and let the school call your parents. "

I look down looking defeated. "Y-yeah...they would kill me...or maybe find joy in the fact I beat up another boy"

"..Your parents are fucked up.. I wish you could just come live with me. "

I shrug a little biting my lip.

"you'll have to go home to get a swim suit anyway. "

I look at him then look down.  "y-yeah..."

"I can go with you, if you want. "

"I'd like that..." I smile softly.

"Alright. I'll drive you. Come on. "

"thanks.." I smile softly

We walk out to the parking lot and get in the car. We buckle up and Conner starts the car. We pull into my driveway and I get out.

"you can come in, my parents shouldn't be home. "

He smiles and we both go in. We walk to my room and I open the door, flipping my lights on.
"You wanna help me choose a swim suit?"

He nods and sits on my bed "I'd love to"

I quietly giggle and walk over to my dresser. I open the top drawer and pull out two swimsuits. I show them to him.  "which one babe?" I ask smiling.

He points to the one on the right which is a one piece with a big pink strip down the center blue sides and pink bows on the legs. I smile and put the other one back.
"I'm not putting it on yet. "