III

We talk for a bit until it's time to go to our next class. We get up and dump our trays. We head to our last class of the day.  After that I meet Chloe and Conner in the hallway. We talk for a moment before the bell rings. I hug Conner and wave to Chloe. I start to walk away but Conner stops me.

"Hey, I'll pick you up at eight. "

"...you don't know where I live. "

"Text me your address. "

I nod and smile. Conner blows me a kiss and he runs back to Chloe. i sigh happily and walk to my house already planning the outfit in my head. My happiness fades as i realize i have to tell my parents im going out on a date with a boy. I quietly walk into the house and see my mom in the kitchen with my dad. I quickly walk by the kitchen and to my room. I put my stuff down and text Conner my address. I walk to the bathroom and start the water in the bathtub and step in after stripping myself from my clothes.

I wash through my hair and wash my body with my favorite and best smelling body soap... Lemon. I sniff the air slightly smelling myself. Once i decide im good enough i drain the water in the tub and grab my towel drying off smiling gently thinking about my date with Conner. I wrap the towel around my body and walk to my room. I lock the door behind me and begin looking for something to wear. I put underwear on, and look for a decent dress. I find an old dress of mine, which was a baby blue color.

 I find an old dress of mine, which was a baby blue color

I smile softly and put it on. I look for a good pair of shoes and put on my baby blue flats that match the dress. I walk to the mirror hung in my room and start fixing up my hair. I gasp in excitement and run to a small box I keep near my bed. I open it up and pull out some blueberry lip gloss.
i put it on and pop my lips to rub it in. I rush to my dresser and put on some deodorant and a few sprats of cotton candy perfume.

I walk over to my bed and grab my phone. I text Conner.
'You ready yet?'

he texts back quickly 'yeah im on my way...'

'k. I leave you alone now. '

I set my phone down and grab a piece of paper and begin writing a small note explaining why I won't be home. I set it down on my bed and walk over to my closet and grab a small pastel blue bag. I shove my lip gloss, phone, phone charger, and earbuds, just in case.

a loud knock bangs on my door making me jump.

"Y-yeah?" i ask quietly

"Son why is your door locked?" my mom asks on the other side.

"I um.. I'm getting dressed. "

"Where you going?" she presses.

"I'm just going out with a friend. We have a small school project we gotta finish. "

"Okay. You better be back before midnight. Got it?"

"Got it. "

Her footsteps leave and i sigh gently. I hear a honk outside and smile brightly rushing downstairs only to be stopped by my mother roughly grabbing my arm.