...I guess I should become the villainess

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. What stared back was a paper white, wavy black haired, and violet eyed girl.

... Oh, and did I forget to mention that she was semi-transparent?

and did not have any feet.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Ha. Ha. Ha.

It seems that I had been so caught up in the whole I WAS REINCARNATED and THE HEROINE IS MY SISTER (yes, after a long period of denial I have finally accepted it) I had forgotten about a very large and crucial part of the novel.

That is...

It is in the setting of a modern supernatural fantasy world.

...

Whoops.

XP

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Basically, I was reincarnated into a famous, fantasy, reverse harem, web novel in my past life. The world is basically run by different races of magical beings, or as many would put it, monsters.

The remaining human population is extremely minimal when compared to the other races, there are a few small villages and communities set up in which they inhabit. In this world, humans are basically seen as lesser beings, especially if they have no magical powers.

Basically, in this cliche plot line the heroine is a human changeling (when a baby human is swapped with a monster) and is mistakenly exchanged for a monster child. She lives comfortably with "her" monster family until her status as a human magician comes out. She is disowned then thrown onto the streets, where my mother then comes upon her and has pity. My mother takes the heroine in and treats her as her own, while the me in the story moves out of the house. Apparently, the story me couldn't stand the thought of living with a human, thus moves out, and until the high school arc I virtually disappear. 

When the high school arc comes about, that is when the story starts. The heroine, sweet, independent, beautiful, and most importantly, a powerful human will attend a prestigious monster academy and attract various high level monsters into her harem. I, the villainess will from that point on happily go down the road of my destruction, harassing the capture targets, bullying the heroine, and becoming hated by virtually the whole student population. The usual.

Oh, bloody hells.

I just had to be the villainess, didn't I.

........

Oh, wait... now that I think about it, aren't I bordering more on the realm of cannon fodder?

After all, I am just some stupid, brainless, oaf who tries to stubbornly seek her doom, while the real villain of the story, the last boss, is the one that the heroine has to ultimately defeat. 

The last boss, the real villain, is a suuuuuper powerful devil prince who hates humanity, thus goes on a procession to purge the world of "undesirables". Growing up in a human community after being spirited away from his psycho paranoid brother, who basically feared that he would seek the devil throne, he learned the dark side of humanity early on.

During his childhood, he was looked after by a loyal monster maid who was disguised as a human. The both of them lived in a small human village, who greatly hated demons, until their covers were blown. 

One day, the villain's best human friend was caught in a fire, and with the humans not being entitled to such things as ambulances or firefighters, the villain does the only thing he can think of to save him, he jumps in after his friend. His now elderly maid sees this, and because the villain has yet to awaken his devil form, to save her master's (the villain) life she shifts into her monster form. They both survive, but the humans soon confront them, stoning the old maid to death. The villain remains unharmed though, due to his maid using body to block all projectiles hurtling towards him until her last breath.