Chapter Seventeen:

Everybody is running around either cooking food ready for tomorrow or fussing over the decorations. I get told that I'm not aloud to help so instead I just stay in the living room and play with my one month old daughter. I sit her up in her play pen where she is surrounded by all her soft toy animals. At first I tell her all these stories about how her Mr Panda saved Mrs Panda. But I soon get bored of telling her all these stories, so instead I just sit back and watch her as she begins to roll over by herself playing with her toys. I can't help but think that one day she will be all grown up and won't need me any more, but until that day comes I promise her that I will stay by her side no matter what circumstances the future will hold for us.

“Jenny, it's getting late why don't you and Alice-Marie go to bed!” My mother says whilst coming into the living room with a bottle of milk for me to feed to Alice-Marie. “Okay, say goodnight to everyone for us please!” She nods her head and kisses both me and her grand daughter on our foreheads and sends us on our way.

I lay my baby down on Jason's pillow next to me and feed her, her bottle which she gulps down in no time at all. Once she finishes her milk I place the empty bottle on the bedside table and snuggle down next to her, carefully placing pillows around her so that I don't have to worry about her falling out of my bed during the night.

It takes an hour for me to finally get her to go to sleep, at first she wouldn't settle down because she was too high then she was too low. But then I found a solution I placed her head on the mattress instead of a pillow and wrapped one of my arms around her so that she was safe and sound.

But even though she was comfortable, she still would not go to sleep.

So like I with Daisy on the boat, I begin to sing to her, but I didn't sing any song.

I sang a song that once meant the world to me, when I was a child. And seeing as I may not be able to have another child as it has not yet been confirmed for definite.  I wanted to share this song with Alice-Marie, who one day may find this song as special as I did.

“When you think

Hope is lost

And giving up

Is all you got,

And blue turns black,

Your confidence is cracked,

There seems no turning back from here

Sometimes there isn't an obvious explanation

Why the holiest stars can feel the strongest palpitations

That's when you can build a bridge of light,

That's what turns the wrong so right

That's when you can't give up the fight

That's when love turns night-time into day,

That's when loneliness goes away,

That's why you gotta be strong tonight,

Only love can build us a bridge of light

When your feet are made of stone

And you're convinced that you're all alone

Look at the stars, instead of the dark

You'll find your heart shines like the sun

Let's not let our anger get us lost

And the need to be right comes with way too high a cost

That's when love can build a bridge of light

That's what turns the wrong so right

That's when you know it's worth the fight

That's when love turns night-time into day

That's when loneliness goes away,

That's why you gotta be strong tonight

'Cause only love can build us a bridge of light

Deep breath, take it on the chin

But don't forget to let the love back in

That's when love can build a bridge of light

That's what turns the wrong so right

That's when you can't give up the fight

And that's when love turns night-time into day,

That's when loneliness goes away

That's why you gotta be strong tonight

'cause only love can build us a bridge of light

Only love can build us a bridge of light...”

She falls asleep when I'm about half way though the song, but where I love the song and where it means so much to me I don't stop singing, instead I carry on hoping one day it will mean as much to her as it does to me.

I'm woken up by Daisy, mother and Jason's mother as well as a few other friends and family members who are all towering above me. “Come on Jenny we got to get you ready!” Daisy says this then takes Alice-Marie out of my bed and carries her out of the room so that they can start getting me ready. I don't even have time to answer her because as soon as she takes my daughter out of the room practically everyone pulls me out of bed and begins to do my hair and make up. However, even though there are about twenty people in my room only eight people are doing something. Two people do my hair and that is my mother and Jason's. Where as two other people do my make up. Then the other four take turns doing my nails and exchanging comments about how beautiful I look and how lucky I am to be getting married.

It takes about an hour to prepare me for my wedding and that's only my hair, make up and nails. The last thing to do it dress me but the only people I want in the room for when I put my dress on is my mother, Daisy and my daughter and of course Jason's mother since after today she will be my mother in law. So as Daisy re-enters the room with my daughter in her arms. I ask everybody to go downstairs, which they all do with out hesitation. My mother hands me my dress and carefully helps me put it on, so that I don't break any of my nails. I don't know how I look yet as even though everyone offered me a mirror to see how beautiful I looked. I didn't want to look at myself until I completely ready.

Which now I am, so not wanting to wait a moment longer I walk over to the mirror where staring back at me is a beautiful young girl. With her hair down but curled, it has been pinned to the left hand side so that it dangles down across her shoulder. Her make up makes her look more magnificent and grown up than ever. Her green eyes really stand out from the dark black eye shadow that she is wearing along with the black eye liner. Her cheeks are rosy red so that they match her lips. It doesn't quite hit me that the girl staring back at me, is in deed me!

I do a small twirl in my dress, which makes me feel more radiant than ever. I must admit to those people who got me ready, that have done a really good job! My eyes begin to water but I hold back my tears as I don't want my make up to smudge. “Jenny....” I turn and find my mother holding a box which when she opens it, lays a tiara. Her tiara that she married my farther in. “Something old” She says as she places it on my head that I must say completes the look all together.

“Thank you” I say. She wipes away a tear from her eye, then disappears downstairs to finish getting herself ready. As I watch her walk out the bedroom, Daisy hands me a bouquet of blue flowers. “Something new” She says then follows after mother, leaving just me, Jason's mother and my baby in the bedroom. “And to complete the outfit, something borrowed” Jason's mother says handing me a a necklace which she places around my neck. “This necklace is a family handy down, so you can borrow it until one day you can give it to the wonderful grand daughter that you have given me” I take hold of the necklace around my neck and place my finger around the stone that hangs at the front. It looks like a ordinary stone, but since it means so much to Jason's family I agree to give it to my daughter for when she gets married one day.

We hear my mother call from downstairs saying it's time to go, so with me all ready to get married and my daughter in her pretty white dress along with the other family members and friends. We set off to the church, where I leave the house for the last time being Jenny Star, because when I return I will be Jenny Nike.