1

Charlie finished cleaning the dishes he had used and slumped at the kitchen table. His usual parchment, quill and ink were there ready. He ran a scarred hand through his red locks brushing them out of his face and picked up the quill. He wrote the usual address of his house in the top right corner along with the date before laying down everything he wanted to say to her, starting with the same usual paragraph.

Dear Nancy,

It's been four years now. I haven't stopped writing to you every day, I don't think I ever will until I see you again. I hope wherever you are, you are doing okay, I hope you are well and I hope that you haven't forgotten about me or Tonks. I know you most probably will never read this but in case I ever get the courage to send these, I hope that you know how much I miss you.

I got burnt again today which isn't very surprising been as I work with dragons. It wasn't big but now I have a prominent scar on my right hand, although the healers did say that it will fade in time, but some scars don't just fade, do they? The scar you left behind when you left is still there and I know you left a matching one on Tonks.

I just want to know why. Afterall this time, I have finally asked you. Why?

Why did you stop talking to us?

Why did you not keep in touch?

Why did you leave?

Why?

Was it too much just to write a letter a week at the most?

Nance, we were best friends, I say were because I don't know if that is still how you feel towards me. I will never replace you, and I hope you haven't replaced me. All the times we spent in the common room staying up late messing around, talking, working, annoying Bill. When we got onto the Quidditch team together, how happy we were when we played our first match despite us losing. Then when we won the Quidditch cup for the first time, how celebratory we were. The parties thrown by other students and we danced together, sneaking Tonks in, our shadows on the walls. The hugs we shared, the times we cried together, the times we laughed together.

Did that not mean anything to you? Is that why you left because it meant nothing?

Nancy Mulligan, I miss you so bloody much. I just want you to come back, I want to hug you, I want to talk to you. Even if it is just once more, just give me a chance to find out why. It's all I ask from you, is it too much to ask?

Please, come back.

I swear we were infinite,

Love always, Charlie

x