Chapter 1 Sacrifice

Start bij het begin

"Hey Missy, what are you doing at the boundary of vampires?"

I stopped in my tracks and looked up at the two male vampires sitting on the stone wall which is the other side of it is the kingdom of bloodthirsty vampires.

According to our world's map, vampires are located in the North, wherein they were described as beautiful creatures not far from us humans that's why there are several vampires who camouflages in our territory, the differences are, vampires have their own unique ability which we do not have.

Meanwhile in the South, demons lived there. They are completely opposite of a vampire's appearance. They are as tall as a tree. Their skins are black, eyes are red, have horns, long tails and their smile is the scariest thing you can imagine.

Demons can also fly and are strong. On the other hand, nobles from that clan can perform rituals like dark magic and could shape shift. Aside from demons, there are ogres, orcs, goblins and other mythical creatures residing there. 

And lastly, us humans are located in between them. Most of us are poor due to ongoing wars, of course we have our own King too, who is called King Claude Vachirawit  but he's useless. He lives lavishly despite his people begging for help to feed their families.

He kept all the tax to himself instead of using it for us. No, actually he uses them for wars. He conquers different regions that are independent as he likes to own everything, it's a surprise he still doesn't think of invading other territories. Which is like digging his own grave by the way.

There's also another fallen kingdom, the human kingdom was known as Eastern kingdom before they got the whole land in the middle of Northern and Southern Kingdom. That fallen kingdom that was wiped out from the map was the Beast's Kingdom, the land of werewolves. There wasn't enough information about them in the history books so I don't know much about that kingdom.

"I repeat, what are you doing here?" I blinked twice.

"She's been staring at us for a long time already, do you think she's afraid of us?" I heard their conversation even from a long distance because their voices are echoing. And with a swift turn, I ran back as fast as I could into the woods.

How did I get there?!

It took me a few minutes to arrive at the market. This is where trades are held, foods, clothes, jewelries, everything even things from other territories.

As usual everyone watched my every move. I tied my long hair since I was sweaty from running and because of that, my birthmark became more visible. It's not like I'm hiding it anyway.

"Miss, are you alone? do you want to—" I glanced in disgust at the drunk man who wrapped his arm on my shoulder and his eyes slowly went down on my neck. That's the only time he saw my birthmark and he immediately removed his hand on me and scampered away.

As I said, this is normal for me, I don't feel offended anymore. Also, there are two reasons why I get their attention.

First, because of my birth mark and secondly because of my pretty face.

I can probably pass the beauty standard of vampires since I have long eyelashes, pink plump lips and pale skin.

Anyways no matter what I do, I make people scared with those reasons I just mentioned.

It's either they're afraid because I'm a sacrifice or they're afraid that I'm a vampire.

I remember I was once abducted by foreign merchants , assuming I was a weak female vampire based on my appearance. I tried running away and hid my neck with a bandage, little did I know, it would endanger my life. I met them in the woods while escaping. I was almost defiled but they saw my neck and private part while ripping every clothes that I have.