one.

"byul ah! you'll be late!" upon hearing the word late, byul threw the covers off her head, hopped up and ran to the bathroom, almost hitting her head against the wall as she was in a hurry.

byul rushed out of the bathroom with her shirt halfway tucked into her skirt and her blazer halfway on her tiny body. "eomma! i'll skip breakfast for today! i love you, see you later!" her mother sighed as she stared at the table full of breakfast foods for her daughter. "aiish that girl needs to learn how to wake up earlier and eat my cooking."

byul walked into her office and panted as she tiredly threw her bag onto her chair.

"ms. eun! you've made it just in time. we have a meeting with the ceo." byul stared up at the man in front of her trying to catch her breath.

"even if we're at work, we're still best friends wonho-ah." byul tsk'ed at the muscular man in front of her as he gave her a cheeky smile and wrapped his arm around her small body.

"kaja. if we're late, we'll be in great trouble." she nodded and allowed her sore and tired body to be dragged by wonho. 

"ms. eun! mr. lee! glad you both could make it." a sarcastic voice echoed throughout the room as his words were cut off by the sound of the door opening.

"joesonghabnida, sir. byul wasn't feeling too well and i had to assist her." wonho winked at byul to play along and byul gulped and slowly nodded as she made eye contact with the ceo.

the ceo gave them both a look before motioning for them to take a seat as he carried on with his presentation. the duo high-fived each other secretly as they took a seat and listened along.

"ms. eun and mr. lee, you two are assigned to help me this week as my secretary has taken a week of leave due to personal reasons." both wonho and byul stood up in shock as their eyes widened at his words.

"ani- waeyo? i mean- why us?!"

"think of it as a punishment for being late, ms. eun and mr. lee." he smirked slightly and returned to saying his final remarks while wonho and byul sat back down, sighing in despair.

this is gonna be a long week. byul massaged her temples as she thought of how stressful being the ceo's secretary would be. she would hear stories about how much work he gave them and how going home early was like doing the impossible. she realized that she would have to wake up early and give up her sleep if she wanted to satisfy the ceo's needs and schedule.

wonho quickly turned to her, made the cutest but cringiest facial expression and started to spill his thoughts, "byulie. being kihyun's assistant is practically hell.. he treats you okay right? i'll go on a leave- to like japan or something, maybe bring back some green tea kit kat for you- or some sushi, whatever you want to eat- i'll even do the dishes for a week! oh wait- we don't live together.. anyways! byulie.. my dear dear deaaaarrrr best friend byulie. please don't let me spend a week with that purple-haired hamster shark.. please byulie hm? please-" wonho's pleads were cut off by byul cupping her hand over his mouth to shut him up for a bit. 

"wonho-ah.. kihyun is literally the worst when it comes to being his assistant! you can't just leave me like that- if you leave me it might just be the last time you'll ever hear from me!" wonho looked at byul who was biting her lip and on the verge of ripping her hair off but did not give up on his pleads

"byul! please byul.. i'll go on vacation for a week and bring you back something! anything! just please byulie.. pleaaaseeeee? i think i'll go insane being with that crazy brat for even a day- no wait- an hour. please byul-ah save me-" he was once again cut off by byul covering his mouth

"fine.. i'll do it by myself. but in return, i want a favor." wonho raised a brow at her but nodded quickly motioning for her to continue her words.

"you know how eomma's the ceo of a makeup company? she's having a party and wants me to bring a "date", which is where you come in."

"jinjja? you'll work with ham-shark for a week if i go with you?" byul nodded in reassurance making wonho tightly hug her and repeatedly thank her

"byulie! let's go for dinner tonight kay?" wonho ruffled her hair as he left the meeting room making byul sigh

it can't be that bad right? byul walked out of the room and jumped when she heard his voice, sending a cold shiver down her spine

"let's go, ms. eun. we have a lot of work to do this week." she turned and bit her lip nervously when she made eye contact with her handsome, god-like ceo, yoo kihyun