I Got A Thing For...

I committed two crimes in all my sixteen years of living on this earth...actually not true I committed one and it included a test in kindergarten.

Knife is a very hard word to spell ESPECIALLY when you're in kindergarten. Whats the point of the silent letter?

Matt Berkley...was the boy I copied off of, damn how that was a mistake! Not only was he the dumbest kid in class he was also a snitch! I leaned over for a mere second to see answer number five on his test and just like that the little rat raised his hand.

"Ms. Cherry, Tracey Anderson is copy catting!"

I was in shock, not because he told but because she actually believed him. He was the dummy not me, I was the smart star! She even gave a sticker that said it on my homework paper one time. I was angry but my father was angrier. He yelled for over an hour at a 6 year old saying that no child of his will need anybody for anything! The Andersons' were independent. I stood there waiting to get a blow to the head but it never came.

And here I am committing the second crime. At least it's not cheating.

We had the kitchen knife inside the padlock, twisting and turning it each way for it to unlock. Damn Moni and I could be in a scene of Thelma & Louise because it was no doubt we were crooks right now!

"Almost there." Moni squealed clapping her hands hovering over my shoulder.

'Do-do you!

'Got a first aid kit handy?'

My phone rang causing Moni to jump off the counter and I to drop the small black diary to the kitchen floor.

I know it was an old ass ring tone but only because it was an old ass phone. I'm talking flippity-flip silver nokia phone. Which daddy refused to buy but thought it was essential that I could get in contact with him when it was an emergency. I told you my dad was strict and over-protective. But that's not important what's important is that the name that popped up on the caller I.d screen made me go into frenzy. Before answering it I glanced back at Moni who had the knife in her hand fiddling with the diary lock again.

"Hello?" I said

"What are you girls up to?" Prince voice came through the phone. I stood there wondering what to say, does he have a camera set up around the house.

"HELLO?" he said worry in his voice probably thinking I hung up.

"What? Hello?" I said scratching the back of my neck.

"What are you doing?"

"Watching er...the Breakfast Club." I shot out randomly looking at the TV which was turned off.

"I GOT IT!" Moni yelled from the kitchen. I shut my eyes and cursed at Moni.

"She got what?" Prince questioned obviously smirking that die hard smirk I love...I mean, fuck!

"Um... the point of the movie." I said with a shrug a shrug that he couldn't even see.

"And what's the point?"

I rolled my eyes damn he asked a lot of questions. "Well...I can't tell you because...I didn't figure it out yet."

The other line went silent he hung up or at least I thought he did.

"That makes sense." he finally said.

"Yeah, well...I gotta go!" I said hanging up the phone before he could say anything else and running back to the kitchen but she nor the diary was there! Damn she set me up!

"Moni!" I screamed through the house going into the guest room.

"Hey." she said nonchalantly putting on her heels. I folded my arms against my chest. "Where's the diary?" I said her arms were empty.

"Back in Princeton's room."

"What did it say?" I was growing impatient, she shrugged.

"I don't know, I didn't open it."

I squinted my eyes at her, she was lying when she lie her finger twitches and it was twitching like hell.

"I thought you said you got it."

"I thought I did." she said pushing pass me going into the living room.

"Where are you going?" I said following her.

"Liam's parents are having a cookout." she said leaving out of the house not inviting me or stating what the diary said. I shook my head not really worrying about the damn diary or Moni anymore, our friendship was fading anyway, and I wasn't going to rekindle it, fuck it!

If Moni wants to have fun then who am I to stop her, I'm not her mother nor am I her guardian, I pulled out my phone and called Jake, guess I'll be spending the day with him today since I have no one else, Prince was gone and Moni was being...Moni, distant and valuing boys more than her damn friendship!

I sat in Jake's room as he ran around frantically trying to clean up the scattered clothes around his room, how much it resembled Prod's.

"I didn't know you were going to get here so quickly." He chuckled throwing a leather jacket into his closet running a hand through his hair. I fixed myself onto his bed, this is what I've been waiting for, for ten years to be in Jake Hogherty's room and now that I'm here all I want to do is leave. His TV was paused he was in the middle of an Xbox game.

"I'm sorry?" It came out as a question, I was nervous, for what reason I don't know. Maybe it was because I was once again alone with a guy I wanted to extremely bad. I blame Moni mostly I'm a virgin and she's not she constantly goes on and on about how her and Liam 'do it' well at least she used to until she met Ray Ray. It's funny how much a penis can change the aspects of your life!

"You want to play?" Jake said snapping me out of my thoughts; he was sitting on the bed next to me now. I shook my head as he grabbed the controller and unpaused the game once again this was going to be awkward. He wasn't going to start a conversation with me; this reminded me of how he gave me a ride home that night and how I had to strike a conversation in order to get a reaction out of him. Moni was right Jake could be boring but he still was sweet in my eyes one of those nerdy sweets' though.

"What?" he said not ripping his gaze from the TV screen I was staring again.

"You said you had a crush give me another hint." I forced out now looking at the TV screen with him, he smirked.

"What do you want to know?"

I wanted to back out of this conversation now because I know deep down I would regret the answer because deep down inside me I had feelings for someone else, someone else who wasn't in this room, someone else who was far away now.