Mini Golfer

“I thought we were going to play miniature golf.” I said pulling down one of Moni’s dresses she forced me into after breakfast. Seriously it was so tight I was suffocating, so short you could literally see my blue Spongebob panties. What parent would allow their daughter to posses something so…video vixen-ish.

“We are.” she shrugged putting on some black heels, topped off with a red dress that resembled the one I had on, only mines was leopard and I had on nude heels.

“Then why are we wearing dresses like we could be in Lil Wayne’s next video?”

“What happened to my best friend?” she said grabbing onto both of my shoulders, looking into my eyes.

What happened to her best friend? What happened to mine?

“I’m wondering the same thing!” I replied trying to release myself from her grip.

“I didn’t change, you’re the one whose acting like you got a stick up your ass!”

“I’m not the one who has a boyfriend!” I shot back.

“Who are you trying to kid? You don’t even like Liam!”

“I didn’t like him when you hooked up with him but that never stopped you from liking him and you didn’t try to cheat on him.”

She turned away from me, I struck a nerve, prepare for your death Tracey. I sighed getting off the bed, pulling down the dress once again.

“I’m sor-” I started off.

“He’s cheating on me!” she shot out still having her back turned from me. She knew, I told you he was Tiger Woods in the freakin flesh! My only concern was why she was still dating the jerk.

“you may think its all fine and we have the best relationship but obviously he needs more I’m not good enough!” her voice was shaking like she was in the verge of tears. And me being me, didn’t know exactly what to do I come from a single parent home, no brothers no sisters, my father raised me…barely! And we didn’t have no emotions hell we barely spoke to each other! I remember the day I fell down the stairs my dad told me to MAN UP. I was five. So you know what I did? I manned up and joined the little league in football. I didn’t say I was a pro but shit I tried my best!

“ and my parents want us to get married.” Moni was saying, she was sitting on the bed now. “How can I get married to someone who doesn’t even love me?” she shook her head. “And I cant just break up with him, because having a man who cheats on you is better than not having a man at all…so I just have to deal.” a tear fell from her face. Awkward Awkward Awkward! I could comfort her and put my arm around her but what if this is one of her little tricks into getting me into her death trap, so I stood there in the middle of her floor, startled, confused, scared.

“and I’m sorry that I’ve been being such a bitch to you, I just want you to have fun, we only live once and we met Mindless Behavior, and your being mean to them, they could hang out with any other group of girls but they chose us! And your just scaring them off!” she finished of tearing up even more.

“I’m sorry.” I choked out not knowing what else to say. “ I promise you’ll see another Tracey today when we meet up with them, as for seeing Liam though I might kick his ass!”

She giggled wiping her nose with her hand and wiping her tears away. “You have my permission on being a jerk to him” she said grabbing onto me and pulling me close for a hug. Now Moni is back but for how long? She was bipolar or just downright insane.

*

*

*

*