Scouting Out

Chat opened his bedroom window, jumping inside. His transformation wore out when he reached his bed. He opened the little fridge beside his bed and took out two rolls of Camembert. "Here." He tossed the wheels of the stinky cheese on his desk where Plagg was.

"Thanks." He said with a mouth full of the cheese. "Marinette's gonna tell the others."

"I know. I know her enough to know that she wouldn't not tell the others." Adrien admitted.

"When are we gonna look?"

"In an hour (8:00 am). I want to get a head start before they catch up." Adrien instructed, plopping on his bed.

***

Marinette and the group got together in the park. "So, when are we going to get Adrien?" Chloe asked.

"We're not going to get him, we're going to secretly follow him. We've talked about this, honeycomb." Alya rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Well sorry." Chloe huffed.

"Okay, so he's probably at home right now, charging up Plagg. We will sneak onto the roof, hide and wait 'till he goes." Marinette said.

"What do you mean We? You're not going with us. I don't want you to get hurt. And anyways, you don't have a kwami." Alya said.

"No. I'm going. Those are my earrings and my kwami. And remember I still have Nooroo?" Marinette asked.

"Oh yeah! How's that little guy doing?" Nino asked.

"He's doing just fine. I'll just go get him in my room." Marinette jogged to her apartment and took the brooch out of her drawer, wearing it on the left side of her chest. Nooroo popped out of thin air.

"Good morning, Ms. Marinette." He greeted.

"Good morning, Nooroo." Marinette smiled. "So, here's the plan." Marinette briefly explained the plan.

"When are we going to take action?" He asked.

"In about 5 minutes. I just want to make sure we have everything we need. Like; food for our kwamis. Oh! That reminds me. What do you eat, Nooroo?" Marinette asked.

"I'll  eat anything you offer me." He said.

"Cookies?" She asked.

"That'll do." He smiled.

"Perfect."

***

"C'mon Plagg." Adrien said

"Gimme a sec." He snuck another tiny piece of cheese into his mouth. "Kay, ready."

"Plagg! Claws out!"

*Magical transformation*

Chat Noir leaped through the Parisian skies, keeping a sharp eye on his surroundings, little did the hero know that his friends where right behind him.

"Shh.." Marinette whispered to the group. A few moments passed and Marinette gave the signal. One by one the colourful hero and heroines cautiously followed Chat Noir. They all stopped behind a billboard.

"I don't think he's going the right way. I honestly think Gabriel is to the North." Queen Bee whispered.

"We'll go in pairs. Me and You and Alya and Nino." Marinette whispered to the team. They nod, DJWifi going south and Chloe and Marinette going North.

***

I shouldn't have come with her. I need to keep an eye on Chat. Marinette thought.

"You okay?" Queen Bee asked. "You're going slower than usual."

"Yup, I'm fine." Marinette reassured. A figure passed them. It went so fast, they didn't see who it was. "Hide!" Marinette whispered. They went separately, Queen Bee diving behind a building and Marinette hiding behind a billboard. Sniffing could be heard a distance away from Marinette's ear. She held her breath, hoping that Chat would go away. This sniffing stopped and he went off.

Marinette waited a few more moments before continuing, so did Queen Bee. Queen bee looked at Marinette, surveying her surroundings. She leaped and landed beside her. "Cost is clear." She said.

They continued their search for the earring theft.

***

Volpina and Jade Turtle leaped together on the roofs. Sometimes Volpina flew and sometimes she ran with her partner. "Do you think we can find her earrings?" Jade Turtle asked.

"Don't lose hope now, Nino." Alya said.

"I didn't say I was losing hope, I just asked if you think we can retrieve Mari's earrings."

"Sorry, my bad. Yeah, I think we can find her earrings. But it's probably not going to be easy. Figuring out who was Hawk Moth was hard enough." Volpina chuckled.

"Yeah, you're right."

"Do you smell that?" Volpina asked.

"No..? I can't smell as well as you, remember?" Jade Turtle said, looking around for the scent the fox was smelling.

"It smells like..." She paused. "Like baked goods..!" She technically started drooling.

"Alya.??" Nino said, confused. Volpina started to run towards the smell that's increasing every passing second. Jade turtle tried catching up with her, but no use, she was too fast. "Alya! Stop!" He exclaimed after the levitating fox heroine. Her nose twitched, her face turning from a day-dreaming expression to a disgusted expression.

"Ew, sardines." She said. Volpina turned on her heels and walked back to Jade Turtle.

***

A/N: Hope you liked the first chapter of the second book! Are you excited for the Gabriel Hunt? Thank you again so much for the support on the first book, I hope to see it in this one too. Sorry for not publishing it earlier today, I had some school work to do. See you Friday!