Chapter 3 - Nineve

Challenge Accepted

Hours went by and Nineve didn't know what she was supposed to do. She didn't even know if she was safe anymore. The man had walked away after saying she knew too much and Bade had quietly walked her back to her room before leaving her without another word.

She didn't know what to expect, but she hoped someone would tell her something soon. She just wanted to go home, but she had no idea where that was, or who it was with. She still couldn't remember if she even had a family, but that same image of walking beside a tall blond was in her mind. It kept flashing back to her and she couldn't help but to wonder who it was.

Could he be her brother? Did she even have a brother?

Her food was long gone, and it was more delicious than she remembered food could taste, but perhaps that just meant she wasn't a good cook. She had no idea how many meals she had had to cook for herself. She could remember a few times she didn't cook, but she didn't know why, she could just remember coming home and being surprised when the food was already cooked.

It was frustrating remembering some things, but not knowing what any of it meant.

Just then, Nineve realized she didn't even know when her birthday was. She knew she was sixteen, that much she could remember, somehow, but she couldn't remember for the life of her when her birthday was.

That probably wasn't the most important thing at the moment, but she didn't want to think about what may lay ahead for her.

It didn't necessarily make sense for them to kill her because she had seen too much. They were the ones that apparently saved her life in the first place. Would they just use that excuse to make it seem more okay for them to just kill her to get rid of her?

But she didn't even know what she had apparently seen. She knew it was a school, and so obviously eventually she'd see students somewhere, right? What else had she seen? There was obviously going to be a food fight going on in the kitchen, which she thought it was weird that Bade hadn't tried to stop it before it got to a full blown food fight, but she was glad he had gotten her out of there before it did.

Her door opened and Bade and that same man walked in. A few moments later another man walked in, someone that was oddly familiar, but she had no clue why she recognized him.

"Nineve, I'd like to introduce you to Skylar. He is our... principal." Bade motioned to the man and he stepped forward, stretching out his right hand.

Taking her right hand in his own, he said, "Nineve..." For a moment she thought she saw a strange look in his eyes, as if the name was strange to him. "It is nice to meet the woman that has been the talk of the school. I'm very grateful Dylan here was able to save you." Letting go of her hand, he reached out and patted the other man's shoulder.

It was nice to finally be able to put a name to the man that seemed to be so against her very being, but she didn't understand it. "You were the one that saved me?"

The man, Dylan, rolled his eyes, but slowly nodded. "It was me." He seemed reluctant to give that information, but Nineve didn't understand why. Wouldn't he want her to know it was him so she would be able to thank him for saving her life? She just didn't understand it.

"Well, thank you. I'm grateful you did so. I honestly can't remember why I was in the water in the first place, but I do know that I'm not ready to die." She didn't know if she had thought differently before, and that was why she was in the water, but she definitely didn't want to die now.