Short Prologue

There seemed to be no escape from the noise above and the chaos below. Every breath she took she could hear the noise, but she knew no one could hear her, even if she did cry out for help. It was too loud. It was beginning to be too much for even her.

She thought she had had control. She thought she could handle it, but she was wrong, and now she'd be swallowed by the chaotic mass surging around her. Every wave that went over her head was tugging her under, but she fought to stay above the water, fighting to be able to continue breathing. But the fight was beginning to take too much out of her; she couldn't even fight with the water now. She simply had to fight the current as if she had jumped off the bridge herself. Now, she was just as helpless as those in the cars passing above her.

She had never felt as alone as she did the moment the last wave passed over her. She thought of her mother, working so hard every day just to be able to feed the children. She thought of her brothers, always so protective of their only sister. Last, she thought of her father, the man that she knew so much about, but had never met.

Not for the first time, she wished she had had the chance to know the man. But now that wasn't even a possibility. She had done too much before she was strong enough, and now no one would be able to save her. No one could help her.

*Author's Note*

Hey guys! So I know I've been pretty much absent from Wattpad most of the time. I just don't have as much time to get on here, but I have started working on a new story, Number 1, (that's this one!) and I love where the story's going. I hope you guys will enjoy reading it and let me know what you think.

The updates will be slow, seeing as I'm going to college and have a full time job, I just don't have as much time to write anymore, but I will try to update as often as possible.