I smiled and hugged her goodbye before heading towards the bullhead to head to Menagerie. It was the start of summer break and I was going to see my family for the first time in a long time.

Jaune POV
I was standing guard at the Chapter Master's house since I was a newly promoted knight captain. I had to take things a hell of a lot more seriously since I'm now a squad captain. My shift was almost up when an old friend came to visit. I bet she didn't even recognize me under the armor.

Blake: Hey, uh, do you think you could please step aside I'd like to see my dad.

Jaune: Name?

Blake: Blake Belladonna.

Jaune: Alright, head on through.

Blake: Thanks.

With that, she walked up to the entrance of her house and used the door knocker. That thing was loud as hell. After a few minutes, Kali came to the door.

Blake: Hey mom.

Kali didn't have room for words as she hugged her daughter.

Kali: It's good to see you again, Blake.

Blake: It's good to see you too, mom.

After they let go of each other my shift had just ended and I was now to report to patrolling the inside of the house, if you could even call it that without your mind being blown at the size of it.

Third POV
Blake, Kali and Ghira were in the living room with two of the guards, Jaune being one of them and a knight as the other. The three of them were catching up on what's been happening while Blake was gone at Beacon while she talked about her adventures, including the incident of what happened to the young Arc. She was one of the many that were hit hard from what happened at a Extremist White Fang Base. They had destroyed their own base to kill off two of the best hunters and huntress teams in training. They only succeeded in killing one. Jaune got up and started walking away to go on patrol as Blake was curious as to who he was. To her he seemed familiar somehow, but couldn't put her finger on it. To him, though, he knew her and was hoping to make sure she never found out. His shift soon ended as he went to look at the sunset as he felt that someone was behind him.

Jaune POV
I was looking out at the sunset, remembering the good times I had at Beacon when I had a feeling that someone was behind me. When I turned around, I saw Blake. I waited for her to talk and what she said surprised me.

Blake: Is that really you under there?

Jaune: ...

Blake: Don't you dare try to lie to me either.

Jaune: 'sigh' Guess I could never really hide anything from you, could I Blake?

Blake: No, you really couldn't. Why did you keep this a secret for so long, why didn't you tell us?!

Jaune: I thought that if everyone thought that I was dead, then they would learn to let go, learn to move on. Guess I was wrong, though, wasn't I?

Blake: They need to know this, you know that right?

Jaune: I know but I'm not ready to face them yet. Not yet, they still haven't learned when to let go of the past and move forward. Once they've learned that, then I'll show who I really am.

When I said that, Blake knew that once I had my mind set on something, I wasn't going to change it.

Blake: 'sigh' Fine, but you have one month, got it, one month. If they haven't learned by then, than you have to show them who you really are, got it?

Jaune: Deal.

We then shook on it to make it official.

Blake: Oh, one more thing before I go, could you take off you're helmet?

Jaune: Huh, sure, I don't see why not.

I took off my helmet to show my face. I had a scar that went from the corner of my left eye to the corner of my mouth.

Jaune: I don't see what the point of this wa... mph!!!

I didn't finish my sentence as Blake had just kissed me. She just freaking kissed me! My brain was trying to process what had just happened, and just like that, she was gone. I had placed my helmet on at that point but you could see steam coming off it. I then felt a large hand on my shoulder as I soon paled when I saw Ghira. The thing was, he said something that shocked me even more.

Ghira: It looks like my daughter has chosen who she wants in the future.

I was barely able to compensate what was happening as I soon passed out. Things were going to be really hectic from this point on.