3. New People

Shivani’s POV

I walked in to my classroom, for yet another day. A whole day had gone by, and I...survived. My first day wasn’t as bad as I’d thought it would be. I made a good deal of new friends, and I quite like them. I think they are pretty cool. Once I neared the seat where I was sitting the other day, I saw my seat already occupied by someone else.

It was a girl who had medium height. Her hair was left loose, and she had bright pink highlights in her hair. Her eyes were smeared with black eye liner and her thin lips were coloured bright red. She had multiple piercings in her left ear. She wore a deep necked shirt, revealing a good part of her cleavage. Her nails were freakishly long, painted in vibrant colours. Her skirt was just an inch longer than her knickers, I believe. In short, she was just a typical BIMBO, which meant I needed to keep distance from her.

I stopped right in front of my seat, and started saying—

“Hey, this is—“ but soon stopped. I realized it would be better for me if I let her sit there. It meant I wouldn’t have to sit with you-know-who and that was absolutely what I was looking for.

I turned around, to go look for another seat when I saw Satwik (Ugh why did I have to see his face early in the morning?) walking towards me.

“Where are you going?” He asked.

“What’s it to you?” I replied, clearly not in the mood to talk to him.

“Well, for one thing, you sit next to me and if you’re thinking about switching places then you’ll be in trouble.”

“Oh really? And if I do switch places, what will happen?”

“Ma’am told you to sit beside me. You have to obey her.”

I let out a small laugh and said,

“Really? What are you, six? Grow up, dude! We’re no longer in fifth grade that you can threaten me by saying the teacher’s name.”

This time, instead of replying, he just walked past me, straight up to that bimbo who was sitting in my place. Through gritted teeth, he muttered,

“Get up, Poorvi.”

“Oh, hello to you too, Satweek. How are you?” The girl, whose name I think is Poorvi, at once stood up and wrapped her arms round Satwik’s neck. Couple? Maybe. For someone like Satwik, a bitch like her would be perfect, I thought.

Satwik removed her hands from him and said angrily,

“Poorvi, this is Shivani’s seat. So please vacate it.”

“Who the fu—I mean who is Shivani, baby? You very well know this is where I sit everyday! I remain absent for one day and you don’t want to sit with me?” Poorvi replied in a childish voice, and pouted. You’d think she must be looking cute but hell, no, she was not even near about ‘cute’. It made her look more like a slut.

“Shivani is the new girl—Don’t act like you don’t know about her already... You’re always updated with the latest gossip!” Satwik said.

The way he was talking to Poorvi, I was sure he hated her. I walked closer to them, wanting to end this little row they were having. I wanted Satwik to know I was least interested to sit near him and he could have the company of this slut for as long as he wished to.

“Oh, the new girl, of course! Yeah I heard about her... So are you two friends already? Where is she?” Poorvi said, looked around, and on spotting me, said, “Oh, you must be Sheevani!” To hell with her pronunciation. ‘Sheevani’...Really? How can someone be so tacky?