Chapter 1. Silence in the Golden City

The famous Golden city of San Francisco was now in ruin,though I never got to see it in it's "Golden Days" but I like to imagine what it would look like if the virus didn't overrun us.As I walked down the street my ancestors walked I looked around looking for any sign of life, for if their was I'd be in big trouble. As I looked around weary of my surroundings I screamed when I saw my little brother come out."What are you doing?!? I could've-!" "Oh please don't be such a party pooper, I was only having a little fun" "We are not here to have fun!" My little brother's 2nd outing into the city and he thinks that their is no such thing as danger. As soon as we started to leave the city a silencer swept up my brother into it's mouth [ A silencer is an evolved bird that is 10 ft tall with sharp teeth and a sense of smell that can smell blood from 3 miles away.]

"Jeremy!" After it ate him I knew it'd come for me, so while it was eating him I ran into the closet building and climbed the stairs.More silencers will smell that blood,I have to get away!

I could hear strange noises coming from below,swallowing back the tears I continued climbing the stairs in fear of my life and by the weight of guilt of letting Jeremy come with me.

I could hear them getting restless by the time I reached the top of the building, I looked over to see five silencers ready to take flight to search for the straggler that ran away,me. I had nowhere to go except back down where I'll be stuck in the middle cause they'll be waiting for me back down. I was at a crossroads,I could go back down and be eaten or I could go back up to the roof to find them waiting for me. I looked out a window to see 3 of the silencers still there,which meant I was half right and half wrong. I had a 50/50 chance that the other two were waiting for me above. "I have to decide fast!" I thought to myself they would smell my brother's blood that was left on the ground, dripping from that silencers mouth.Before I knew it i could hear screams coming from below with one thought that came into mind, "Is Jeremy still alive somehow?" but that couldn't be it for I saw him get eaten right in front of me. I looked out the window once more to see the Black Sand Clan messing with the silencers, I was amazed by how crazy they were.Two silencers flew down from the rooftop,I was right! As soon as they reached the ground a made a break for the rooftop. When I reached the rooftop I knew I had to get far,but how? I looked around the rooftop to find a fire escape on the side of the building,I climbed onto the fire escape and ran down its steps as fast as I could.