Chapter 8 - Again.

"I don't mind." I say. I lean in and press my lips against hers again.
My hands glide through her hair as I kiss her.
Cassidy was a good kisser and I mean I think I have feelings for her. We deepen it and she straddles me.
"Have you ever kissed a girl Veronica?" She says. "You seem a little tense."
"No. I'm straight usually." I say.
"Well are you attracted to me?" She says.
I nod. "I wouldn't kiss you if otherwise."
"Maybe you're bisexual." She shrugs.
Maybe I was. I curl up in my bed and she lays facing me, she plays with the tips of my hair and I feel her soft minty breath against my nose.
"I think I'm falling for you Veronica Lodge." She smiles.
"I-I think I'm falling for you too." I smile.

//flashback\\

I sit across the table from Betty, she plays with Jugheads beanie, neatening it up. My eyes glaze over and I'm not paying attention to anything she says.
"Veronica!" She snaps. "Ever since Archie left for Saint Cuthburt's you've been so distracted."
"I'm sorry. Did you know he had a new girlfriend?"
"Shut the hell up Veronica. Suck it up. You have Reggie."
"Mhm... Reg. I love him."
She sighs and Reggie walks up to the table.
"Hey baby girl." He kisses my cheek. I blush.
"Hi."
"You're still coming over later right?"
"Yes. To study."
He winks and walks off. I put my head on the table.
"Are you gonna bang?" Betty says. I choke.
"Oh lord no." I say. "Archie said you're not meant to have sex until marriage."
"Ergh, fuck Archie, he's not here." Betty says.
"Don't be pressuring Betts." Jug says. I give him a small smile.

Later at Reggie's, I get greeted by Mrs Mantle.
"Hello sweetie." She smiles at me.
"Hello Mrs Mantle. I came over to—"
"Study. Of course. He's upstairs." She says, cutting my Off. "you make him happy yno. Does he make you happy?"
"Yes of course."
"I'm so glad he hasn't turned out like his father. He always used to abuse me but Reg doesn't know about his father. If Reggie ever did that to any one, I'd never forgive him." She sighs.
"Trust me. He's fine." I say. Reggie did but I didn't want to say anything. She hands me a hot chocolate. It had pink smarties and marshmallows on top of some whipped cream. I thank her and take a sip. It was great. It tasted great. Amazing, in fact. I smile at her and I go upstairs. The studying didn't really consist of studying, just reggie trying to kiss me, I declined. I wish I did the studying at home because yes, Mrs Mantle was sweet but her son wasn't and I needed that A on my History paper to get into law school. I did get it but I was pissed off with Reggie for a while. If only I knew where I'd end up. I wouldn't of bothered.
//end of flashback\\

Archie's POV.
I had to take a trip to the salon on my way to work, the boss would be really pissy if any ginger was showing and it was half ginger, besides my hair was growing too long. I get my hair cut and I sit back in my car. I can't mope over Veronica and I mean, I've gotta move on. I'm a 21 year old virgin and I want kids before it's too late. That's my life plan. People change and that's the way it is unfortunately. That's why I got blonde tips. I don't know what I was thinking. The barber said that it was probably not the best idea and I look like a whippy ice cream. By now the prisoners were told not to call me officer Andrews in front of Veronica. Oh well.
I walk in to the prison and sign in for my shift. I walk in.
"Andrews bro! I haven't seen you in ages! You look so thin... and you look like ice cream." Officer Parker says.
"I've been an idiot." I sigh.
"Why?" He says.
"I haven't eaten a full meal in so long. I ate for the first time since I came down with the flu this morning. Sleeping never happened." I say.
"Are you okay?" He says.
I nod. I walk to the prisoner common room to watch over them. Veronica's sat in the corner, a book covering most of her face and she's reading. It was the Veronica book but oh well. "Why do you look like an ice cream, officer Andrews. I thought it wasn't October yet." Cassidy says, walking up to me.
"Wow thanks for the Halloween reference. Sit." I say. I wasn't in the mood. She sits next to Veronica and whispers something and she raises her eyebrows and looks over her book. She slightly giggles.
"So?" Veronica says. Hearing her voice kinda hurt. "Come over here."
"Me?" I say, pointing at myself.
She nods.
I grab my phone and look at it.
"Now." She sighs.
I walk over and sit facing her. Cassidy snuggles into her like a little baby or something.
"Cassidy said you look like an ice cream. Now I can't Unsee it." She tries hard not to laugh so when it bursts out, spit sprays my face. How lovely. :|
"Thanks V!" I say, sarcastically, almost forgetting my place of position.
"V? I haven't been called V by you before. Others have definitely but you. You're way too stuck up your own woo hoo to even see what I like." Veronica says.
Fuck that hurt.
"Veronica, I—"
"Oh, just fuck your self Michaels. You know what I'd pay to be in your god damned position."
"Well you fucking killed the guy—"
"Michaels! Enough!" The boss shouts. Shit. I was in trouble.
Veronica and Cassidy walk off to their cells, Veronica slamming the door as she exits, leaving the Veronica book. I grab it and put it in my belt. It was Large and very heavy. So I just decide to hold it.
"What's that?" The boss says.
"Veronica's book. I need to take it back to her." I say.
"Archibald, that was well out of order. To swear. Especially when you're working." My boss says.
"I know and I'm sorry." I say.
"Don't apologise to me. Apologise to Veronica and a full prison apology tonight. We are not tolerating this, Archie." He says.
The last time I had a full prison apology it was a disaster. I've only ever had one and it's because I swore at a prisoner. They don't tolerate swearing at all. I walk through the long, winding corridors and grab the railing to the stair case. Floor 17 was Veronica's floor. I was on the ground floor. I bolt up the stairs. I've always been an athlete and the stairs didn't affect me much. When I reach Veronica's floor the familiar smell hits me. A musty smell. Just a prison smell really.
I walk down the corridor, greeting the receptionist, Myra. Myra was a good friend to me.
She gives me a sad smile.
"Flu really took it outta you?" She says, referring to my body which was slim. I just nod.
I say bye and I walk to Veronica's room. I walk in and she's kissing Cassidy with lots of passion. More than what she used to with me. I drop the book and freeze.
-
Damn. But yeah. I'm shook. I hope y'all are shook too tbh bc a lot a thought goes into these chapters and everything will add up. I promise. I found it hilarious how archies gonna look like an ice cream. My favourite kind too! What's your favourite flavour?
Mines vanilla or cookie dough.
Vote comment and share
Rate 1-10
Ella 💜