Chapter 6 -

//Ronnie flashback\\
As I said that I loved Archie it brought back a memory with reggie.
"Reggie. I only love you. Please stop." I shouted. Reggie was beating my back and every time I moved he grabbed my arm tightly, hand shaped bruises now covered my arms which I'd have to cover up.
"Who's Bentley and why do you have him in your phone?" He demanded.
"Bentley is my friend from university." I said, truthfully.
"Bullshit." He says, his hands tracing up my skirt.
"Stop it reggie." I pull his hands away.
He punches me round the face.
"You're mine." He snarls.
"I'm nobody's. I'm Veronica Lodge." I cry. "Reggie, you're hurting me." I say as he's grabbing my clothes, ripping them off of me and then grabbing me and throwing me around like a bag of fudge.
He was hurting me and my head was pounding. That's when everything went dark... (short one)

Archie POV

"Sorry Arch, what did you say?" She sobs.
"Are you okay? You went quiet for a bit." I say in my deep voice.
"Yes. Archie." She says.
"Well, I love you too." I say. "Why are you upset."
"I feel bad, I shouldn't of lead Toby on. All this time, I've compared him to you."
"I'm sure Toby will cope." I say.
"You don't know him Archie. He's sensitive like you and I dunno. He cares." She sobs.
"Well I'll be here when you're done with Toby." I shrug.
"I saw you moved on Archie. A girl called Cassie. Aren't you with her now?" She says.
"I haven't for a good few years. Cassie is my friend now. She's married."
"Archie. I have 30 seconds left so I gotta go. I love you so so much. Bye." She hangs up.

I love you too, Veronica Lodge.

"She used you as her distraction. That's fucked up..." Kyle says.
"I know." I pick up some clothes from the floor.
"But I was being me as Toby... does she not like me now?"
"I'm sure she does arch." Cassie says. "Or why would she feel bad."
"Yeah you're right. Okay Cass, I'm gonna go I need to talk to D'Angelo. See ya at 4AM."
"Bye arch." They both say and hang up.
I video call D'Angelo and I pace round.
"Woah, dude, slow down. You look just like my other friend." He laughs.
"So? Man Danny. Toby was a distraction for her. She called me." Danny says.
"How did she get your number?" Danny says.
"I've had this number since high school." I say.
"That's really stupid Archie." Danny sighs.
"Still... oh god. What do we do?"
"Nothing. Play along as Toby. You heard the boss. You can't be with her." D'Angelo says. "Betty wants to talk one sec."
He passes the phone to Betty.
"Hey Betts." I say.
"Hiya Arch, so would you like to visit Veronica as Archie."
"How can I? The boss will recognise me. He's seen me ginger and Veronica knows me as Toby with brown hair. She'll notice that I'm Toby."
"Rubber and fake features." She says
"What?" I say.
"I can make you unrecognisable." She replies. "But not now. Wait a while."

The next morning

Cassie goes straight home to rest. It didn't bother me I've got to work. I walk to the west wing. Veronica was at the east. It would be way too weird seeing her after hearing her sobs last night. I sort out the prisoners and I lead them to the shower.
"Andrews, shower patrol." The boss says, waking past me.
Lucky I was on the west wing.
"Are you crazy?!?!" He says.
"No?" I was confused.
"I know Veronica called you last night. How did she get your number?"
"Same since high school. It's fine. She doesn't know I'm Toby." I say.
I run my hand through my brown hair.
"You definitely cant go ginger or visit her as Archie." The boss says.
I nod and look down.
I stand in the shower area. Veronica clutches her bar of soap.
I smile at her and she smiles slightly and blushes. Why was she blushing if I was a string along?
"Undress." I sigh.
She gets undressed and I pass her a freshly washed flannel like I did Everyone else.
"Thanks." She smiles and walks into the shower and doesn't say anything.
"What's your intentions Andrews?" Hiram says, getting undressed.
Veronica puts her head round the shower curtain as she hears the word Andrews.
"Who's that?" I say.
Hiram rolls his eyes. "I know she was on the phone to a guy called Archie last night."
"And that's my problem because?" I say.
"You know it's exactly your problem. You date her dumb ass." He snarls at me so nobody can hear.
When everyone is done, Veronica is still in her shower cubicle. I hear a sob over the soft music in the shower which was Get Low by Liam Payne. So it wasn't a song to cry about. I get told I can shower at work. I realise I need to reassure her. I get into my underwear and I walk to the shower.
"Veronica I'm joining you." I say.
She makes sure I'm wearing something.
She nods.
I walk in with her.
"Shh..." I kiss her head.
"I killed my ex... why are you with me?" She says.
"Because even if you did kill him, I love you with all my heart." I say. I keep my hair from the water till I put a shower cap on. I may be allowed a shower but not when prisoners are. I kiss her tears. She kisses my neck and I moan. She stands awkwardly and I walk out the shower, looking of course for any signs of the boss.
She walks out as I dry myself.
"Your abs Toby!" She says.
I smile.
"I need to change my underwear to dry ones." I say.
"Do it in here I don't wanna be alone." She says.
I pull down my pants.
"Big." Is what she said simply.
"Thanks." I said awkwardly.
She laughs. "Oops. I didn't mean to say that."
I smile.
"It's fine." I say. "I love you, Lodge."
"You too Michaels."
On our way out, I bump into the boss.
"Why isn't Lodge Jr. in her cell." He says.
"Shower troubles." I say.
"Is it sorted out?" The boss says.
I nod.
"I actually wanted to talk to the lodges." He says. "Come come Michaels."
I take Veronica to a room where Hiram is tied to a chair. I have to tie Veronica to a chair.
"We can't accommodate you together." The boss says. "Hiram is constantly being tied to a bed, aparently you think he's a danger?"
"He is. I think moving Veronica is the best thing."
"She's gonna be accommodated with Cassidy. She's a drug dealer. Claimed to never take it but she sold it."
"What drug?" I say.
"Marijuana." The boss says. "She's out soon though."
I nod, taking Veronica to the room. Cassidy isn't there so I decide to wait with her.
I kiss her, passionately. Man I loved Veronica. How could u even try to move on?
She kisses me.
"I love you Archie... I mean Tobias."
FUCKING ARCHIE. DAMN.
-
Omg don't kill me hehehheheheh I had to. I love this series. Might make a book 2 for this like I am with The Unknown. Please read if you haven't ❤️❤️❤️🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾 I'm looking forward to writing this heh 💜