➽ Track Six (Pete's POV).

Track Six (Pete’s POV): Put love on hold, young Hollywood is on the other line.

(April 18th, 2008)

I had been anticipating for this project to be pushed through for days.

Due to my desperate attempt in pushing Donnie from my thoughts – especially since Alexis was always around and I knew that she gets jealous easily – and thinking of “innovations” for the band’s new album and how to promote it, I came up to this project.

And I had to thank this project since it had put my love on hold. For a while.

I got to the studio thirty minutes earlier than the time that we had agreed upon. To my surprise, James McCormick was there already, waiting for us. It gave me the time to tell him about my plan that I was supposed to talk over with the group, but I just wanted him to be the first one to know.

After discussing it with our manager, he decided that it could help us promote our new album. I remembered that he had told the group before that he planned to release ‘Folie à Deux’ on November 4th, the same date as the 2008 Presidential Election in our country, and I thought that my plan would be perfect for the occasion. James told me that it was a good idea to confuse the fans and alarm them, not knowing that it was going to be for our album.

While waiting for the others, I started to make the campaign by changing some of the settings of the website of my own record label, Decaydance Records, so that it would look like as if it was hacked by some group. I thought about it the night before and decided to name the hacking organization as the “Citizens For Our Betterment” or CFOB (see that? I just added a letter ‘C’ to the abbreviation of ‘Fall Out Boy’ which was ‘FOB’ – neat, huh?).

James was watching me as I worked on it. “Where did you even get this idea, Pete?” he asked me as he folded his arms on his chest. “Not that I’m complaining. This is actually something new.”

“Might be because of watching CSI too much these days,” I joked and chuckled a little at my rather lame attempt to kid around. “But I did a little research and got hooked at reading this novel written by George Orwell released on 1949.”

“Well, that’s some serious business. Reading old novels, that must be pretty boring. I’m very impressed though,” James said, and I could see him smiling widely at my work from my peripheral vision. I couldn’t help but grin. “Must’ve taken you quite a long time thinking about something new to surprise the people waiting for this new album, eh?”

“Yeah, a little,” I admitted, shrugging nonchalantly. “I had a difficult time in thinking about something like this especially since I haven’t discussed about the campaign nor did I ask any help from the other guys. I planned on telling them all about it in the meeting today.”

The door had then burst open all of a sudden, and the raucous laughter of Joe and Patrick filled my ears and make me look up at them from the laptop. Andy was smiling – as if trying so hard not to laugh – as he followed the two inside the room. They all seemed to be laughing at something but I ignored my rising curiosity and continued working back on the campaign instead.

“Good morning,” I heard James greet them as they all gathered on the table and they all greeted him back with smiles on their faces. After all of them had taken their seats, James immediately started the meeting. “So, can anybody here give me a brief summary of what I missed yesterday?”

I lifted my head up from the laptop once again to look over at our manager as I rested both of my elbows on the table, waiting for anybody to answer. Joe raised his hand up like a little schoolboy being asked by his teacher on a class lecture. “To sum up the events in yesterday’s meeting: Pete was acting like a total dick,” he told our manager, glancing over at me for a second. I glared daggers at him.