"Hey, my mom wants a picture," Amy says, pointing towards her mother.

The three of us turn towards the camera and flash our best smile, wrapping our arms around one another. Amy's mom snaps a few pictures before giving us a thumbs up.

"Okay, well, I have to go talk to my cousins because my mom thought it would be a good idea if they came," Lilly says, causing us to laugh, "But I'll see you at our graduation party later?"

Amy, Lilly and I decided to all have a joint grad party. I'm pretty excited about it.

"Yes, I'll see you then."

Lilly smiles one last time at me before rushing off over to her family. Oh, and to Davis Brooks, her homecoming date, as well. He asked her out a few days ago and she replied with "Sure, why not?"

I guess you could say Lilly got her happily ever after too.

"See you later!" Amy then waves, disappearing into the crowd of people.

I turn back to Ethan as he throws an arm around me, pulling me closer to him.

I feel like I've learned a lot this year. One of the main things I've learned is that you can't save everyone- especially if they don't want to be saved.

I glance in the distance to see Charlie and Sarah, arguing with one another. Charlie rolls his eyes at her as she yells at him with intense hand motions.

Others, though, can be saved.

I tilt my chin up to look into Ethan's eyes. His beautiful, brown eyes. I feel so lucky that he is mine.

I smile as he leans down to peck my lips.

However, I do agree with Anne- Ethan never needed someone to swoop in and save him, necessarily, and he never really had a Rough Heart, either; but, maybe, just maybe, he needed something to believe in. Something to trust in with all of his heart.

And, boy, did he find it. I love him more than I will ever be able to put into words. 

My heart will always belong to his, rough or not.

Ethan waves to Grayson and Elena, who was fortunately able to fly in for our graduation, as they walk over to us. As for the two of them, they're doing great.

We all are.

"Can you believe it?" Grayson asks, laughing a bit.

I shake my head.

"I'm so proud of all of us." He adds.

Elena looks over to her boyfriend and smiles.

"C'mon, bring it in, brother." Grayson jokingly opens his arms for Ethan.

Ethan scoffs, rolling his eyes.

Grayson, pretending to be offended, takes a step back and drops his jaw.

I nudge Ethan, and he sighs.

"Alright, alright, come here,"

Grayson smiles as he engulfs his brother, patting him on the back during the hug. Grayson hugs Ethan so tightly that he is short of breath when they finally pull away.

Grayson then places a hand on Ethan's shoulder and looks him in the eyes.

"I really am proud of you, man." He says, and my heart flutters a bit.

Ethan finally breaks a small smile, nodding at his brother in front of him.

"Thank you."

Elena and I exchange glances, both in awe.

Grayson walks over to me, and I immediately wrap my arms around him. He hugs me tightly.

"Thank you for everything you've done... and for being my best friend this year, Jessica." He says into my ear.

I frown as he pulls away, my heart not being able to take the sweetness of what he just said.

"You're welcome." I tell him, trying my best not to get emotional.

In the distance, my mom, along with Robert and Locke, signal for the four of us to come over to them. My mom probably wants some pictures before we leave to go prepare for the graduation party.

Grayson and Elena stroll off, and Ethan looks to me just as we're about to follow behind them.

"Ready, Jess?" He smirks at me.

"Ready."

Another thing I've learned this year is that sometimes it takes a loss to realize what's truly important to you.

And, sometimes, it takes a "Rough" Heart.

In fact, some people say that the most important things in life cannot be seen or even touched; they are felt with the heart.

In that case, I'm glad Ethan's heart feels the way that it does.

And I'm glad that his heart is mine.

-The End.-

-

i have been writing this book for a year and five months, and now that it has finally reached its end, i feel so happy that i was able to share it with you. this story meant a lot to me, and, from the bottom of my heart, i hope you enjoyed, and maybe even picked up on a couple of the many life lessons i tried to express through ethan and jessica's journey.

i want to say a massive thank you to anyone who ever voted, commented, or shared this story with others. especially to those of you who have been here since the beginning- yes, i know who you are. thank you.

as for what's next for me, i am going to begin writing a few other books- feel free to follow me so you can keep up with my upcoming stories. "finding home" is next, which, due to popular request, is another ethan dolan fanfiction.

if you have any other questions or concerns, please message me!

one last thank you to all of you that took the time to read my writing- you all are so, so inspiring.

here's to the next one.

-totallycameron (: