Chapter 32

Kakashi's POV

I know it's not right to go into Rin's mind, but it's to get more intel on the situation. It could help.

I was looking through her eyes. Well, looking through her memories. Inoichi told me a couple things about searching for intel, and it's simple with the sharingan since you can put people in a genjutsu.

I looked in one area and chose to look into it.

"Oooh, I know the perfect episode to watch!" I heard Rin say.

I then saw a girl with dirty blonde hair sitting next to Rin as she looked at her.

They were sitting in front of this... rectangle-shaped thing.

Rin then pressed a button and an image appeared.

The image made me think. It was of the Stone Faces, but there were five heads instead of four.

It then turned into a different image of dog paws that looked a little bit like Kiba's ninja hound, Akamaru.

As I continued to watch what was going on through Rin's eyes, I became more and more confused! This might be the first time I have been confused.

I decided to look into another area.

As I dove into it, I saw Rin open a locker revealing a bag with a keychain with something that looked oddly familiar.

"I see you finally got your Naruto keychain, Rin." The same girl as in the last memory said.

"Yeah. Now, I just need a Sasuke one!" Rin replied.

Wait! What? Why is Naruto on a keychain? This getting more and more confusing..

"You always got to have everything with both of them. First you have your Naruto plushie, then your Sasuke one!" Another girl said.

"Hehe, yeah, I know." Rin laughed. "But once I get home, I can see if they have that Sasuke keychain in stock on Amazon."

"Is your computer actually wanting to work?" The dirty blonde-haired girl asked.

"Uhh.. kind of.."

I feel like I need to ask Shikaku about this; maybe he'll help me understand. But then, at the same time, I feel like I shouldn't talk to anyone except Rin about this. I think that's what I'll do.

I then pull out of Rin's mind and release the genjutsu.

Rin POV

I rubbed my eyes.

What was that about? Did I fall asleep?

I was still in the hospital bed with Kakashi standing in front of the bed.

"Did I doze off?" I asked yawning.

"Rin, I need to ask you something." Kakashi said sounding completely serious.

Yikes..

"Umm.. okay?"

"Are we.. how should I put this... not real?" Kakashi asked.

Oh crap.. yep, this is how I die.

I forced out a laugh.

"What makes you think that?" I asked.

"Inside your memories, I saw-"

"Holy crap, did he see the doujins?" I thought my face starting to heat up.

"-well, I don't know how to explain it.. It looked like the future I guess. I want to know the whole truth." Kakashi finished.

Phew..

"Umm, I don't know what you're talking about, sorry." I said trying to keep my act together.

"Rin, I know you're lying to me."

"No, I'm not! You don't have proof!" and that's when my cover is officially broken.. and what Kakashi did is revealed too.

"I went inside your mind to see the whole story, and I just want an explanation." he confessed.

"Wait, I didn't know you could that! You aren't or weren't part of the interrogation team thingy." I said.

Kakashi gave me a look with his single eye.

Yeah, I'm trapped..

"Fine. I'll tell you." I said finally. "You see, uhh.. how do I explain this? Everyone in this entire 'world' I guess, aren't real? Like, I guess it could be. Like, an alternate dimension. Yeah! But like, when I said the thing about how I was 'watching a show that's very similar to Naruto life', I wasn't lying. It's actually a show about him! Well, things involving him. Wow, that kind of sounds stalker-ish.. hmm.. But, yeah. Thats's it."

Kakashi stood there thinking.

Why did it have to come to this?

"Okay.." was all he said, and then he left.

"Whhyyy..."

^^^^

A couple hours after being completely bored out of my mind, I finally got out of the hospital and back to Sasuke's apartment. Oh yeah, I don't have anyone to hang out with.. yay..

Honestly, I was hoping to help stop the whole thing with Orochimaru during the second exam.. and help Sakura protect Naruto and Sasuke while they're unconscious. Of course, I would have to be with Akihiko and Himari. They're probably so disappointed at me..

^^^^

For a few hours, I laid down trying to take a nap, but it didn't want to work out so well..

"Maybe a walk will help.." I thought as I got up.

I realized then for most of the time I've been here, I'm mostly wearing the same outfit... should I treat myself? But, with what money?

I just decided to see if Sasuke had another shirt that would be small enough to fit me. Surprisingly, he did. He needs to go through his clothes.

I just kept the same pants on and left.

"Rin! I'm going to kill you!" I heard as I stepped or I to the street.

Akihiko and Himari..

I turned around the see the duo speeding towards me.

I accepted my fate, and stood there with my eyes closed tightly.

"You idiot! We all have been preparing for the exam, and you blew us off! Now we can't finish the exam!" Akihiko said as he shook me.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I would've come back in time, it's just that I fainted. It probably was from stress or anxiety. The exam has been making me feel anxious." I said. "I truly am sorry, and I feel really, really bad."

"Hey, it's not like we can't retake it." Himari said.

"But that would be in two years. Do you know how far away two years is? 730 days I think." Akihiko said.

I just looked at Akihiko. He has like... I don't know, multiple personalities?

"But.. I guess it's okay. We can still go on missions together even if we're still genin." Akihito responded.

I smiled and Himari joined me.