"Am I bad?"

A short Crona story.

________________________

"Why am I being punished."

.
.
.

"I didn't know it wasn't right."

.
.
.

"She told me I was doing good."

.
.
.

"She was finally becoming proud of me."

.
.
.

"I didn't know that it was all lies."

.
.
.

"If I didn't succeed she said she would get rid of me."

.
.
.

"She would kill me."

.
.
.

"Or worse..."

"I'll have no one."

.
.
.

Crona sat in the silence of the room he was given. He knew these rooms were for students who needed them but he felt like he was just being jailed. He couldn't leave if he wanted, there were bars on the forever open window, the cobblestone like walls and floor were cold, and the door remained locked from the outside... just in case he tried to leave.
Depressingly, this room still held more items of comfort than any of his old ones ever did.

Crona brought the pillow he was hugging for warmth pressed closer to his chest. He sat, curled up, on the bed that was provided. It was a hard and flat mattress, there was hardly any spring and the blankets were thin. Despite that it was almost nice, it was his first bed after all...

"I didn't know taking the souls were bad... When-When I was first told, I thought that girl was crazy. To suddenly be told.... my whole world has been reversed."

.
.
.

"How long are they going to keep me in here for doing something I never knew was a crime."

.
.
.

"Should I anticipate a harsher punishment soon to come..."

Crona sniffled and rested his face into the pillow.

"I'm not bad, I'm not bad."

.
.
.

"Am I bad?"

.
.
.

"No... My actions were bad. I'm not bad."

.
.
.

"I just need help."

.
.
.

"Someone."

.
.
.

"Help me."

A small knock on the hallow door resonated through the room.
It made Crona jump a little and sit straight, staring at the door. He was worried that that strange blue man was back, that he was finally going to receive his ultimate punishment and sentencing. He waited, and waited, but the door never bursted open. And the blue man never peeked through the barred slot in the door.
A small shuffle could be heard from the other side. It was quiet. And it was gentle.

.
.
.

"Crona? H-Hey... I hope you remember me... It's me, Maka... Can I come in?"

 Can I come in?"