1.

1.
Ariel.

"Dang boy sit down!" I shouted at Austin as he ran around the apartment. "No." He stuck his tongue out and continued running around. I flared my nostrils. "August come get your son!" I shouted to my big brother.

"You said you would watch him, now watch his ass." I mentally rolled my eyes at him as he walked to the door. "Aye don't kill my child. I'll be back." "Boy bye. Get lost."

"Austin if yu break anything in here I'm gonna break Yu!" I shouted making him sit down. "Yes aunty."I smiled and sent him to play the PS4. I sat down and went on my phone. I looked at all my notifications.

I had a few notifications from Instagram and Twitter, 3 messages from Simone and 8 missed calls from her. I rolled my eyes and decided to call her back. I dialed the number and put the phone up to my ear.

"Yes Simone." I answered. "Girl where are yu?" "Home." "Can u swing by my house rn?" "Can't." Whyy." "Coz I said so." "Dang calm down. I'll come over then." "Aight bye." "Bye. muah. love u." She told me. "Love u too." I said to her.

I hung up, stood up and slipped my phone into my pocket before going over to the kitchen.

"Austin u hungry?" I asked as I looked through the cabinets. "Yesss." he whined. I got out a frying pan and set it on the stove. I walked over to my fridge and got out the drumsticks to thaw out. I rested it in the sink, then turned my attention to Austin. He was so focused on the game.

~1 hour later

I was now about to start frying the drumsticks when there was a knock at my door. "I got it aunty. "Hey Aust" I heard Simone say. The door closed and I heard footsteps coming towards the kitchen.

She entered the kitchen and we talked while she helped me prepare the food. "Girl gimme a minute." I said scampering off. I walked into my bedroom and got a pair of socks since it was really cold.

I hurried my way back to the kitchen and turned the chicken over. Simone turned down the stove and I got the rice outa the container, my phone rang on the counter and both me and Simone turned our attention to my phone. Angelo's name appeared on the screen and I just turned around.

"U still ignoring him?" "Yes." I sucked my teeth while washing the rice. "Why?" "His ass ain't getting the picture. It's over and he needs to know it." "So explain that to him." She checked on the meat while I put the rice on the stove. "U need to talk to him and set him stra-" was all she could say before we heard August loud ass shouting.

"Shut the hell up!" I shouted adding salt and butter to my rice. He walked in and slapped my neck. "U shut up." "Stop hurting me before I tell moma." "Moma ain't gon do shitttt." He drug the 'T'.

"Moma ain't gonna what?" I said pulling my ears and motioning for him to repeat him self. "Moma ain't gonna do shit with ha old ass." He repeated. "U got that Simi?" "Yes girl I got it." Simone replied laughing. "Oooh yo ass in trouble." I said cracking up.

"Dang nah Ari y'all can't black mail a nigga like that. Delete that shit." He whined, which made me crack up even more. "Simone send it my moma." I said covering the rice pot and taking out the chicken that were finished. "Already did."

"She just saw it." Simone told us. "August she say she gon whoop yo ass. Good too." I couldn't hold back the laughter. He smacked his teeth."Yo I hate yo ass." He walked to the living room, I laughed and continued cooking.

~15 Minutes Later

"Oh hey Chopa." I said walking to the living room. "Hey sweetness." He said with a smile. "You can't be talking to my donkey face sister over there." August pointed at me. I smacked my teeth and slapped him in the back of his head making everyone laugh.

We talked for a while then Simone left with her food. I shared August, Chopa and Austin's food. I shared my plate last then placed it on the counter. I poured juice for everyone and left it for them. After eating I went to my room, went to the bathroom and took a shower.

When I finished my shower and finish getting dressed I heard my name being yelled from out in the living room. I ran out and saw Angelo at the door with August and Chopa looking pissed.

"Aye Ariel call off your mans." I rubbed my temples and thought what to do. "Let him in." I said, not too sure why tho. Angelo walked in and came over to where I was standing. "Come with me." I grabbed his wrist and led him to my room. "Can I sit?" "Yeah." "Look Angelo right now is not the time. I don't wanna talk to you and I don't want anything to do with you." "But." "Don't interrupt me." I held my hand in front of his face.

"You need to leave me alone!" "But." "But nothing Angelo. Leave." That's all I had to say to him, he looked at me and I looked away. He got up and walked out of my bedroom. After a few seconds Chopa walked into the room. "He ain't deserve you." He told me as he wiped the single tear that was running down my face.

"Chris I gave 3 years of my life to that man." I tried to hold in the rest of my tears. "Ariel if a nigga like that don't realize that he got a good thing then he crazy. Forget him." I nodded my head and took in what he said. "Now stop allat crying and come with us." "Where we going?" "To pick up CJ and get ice cream." My face lit up real quick.

"Yaay." I said excitedly. August's head popped into my room, "I told yu that greedy girl would go for it." We laughed when i flipped him the bird. "Let's go, i want ice cream." Austin whined. I laughed so hard, he so cute. I locked up the apartment then we left.

Ariel in MM
1st Chapter of Grind&Pray