Part Ten

THURSDAY, 9:13 AM

The days floated by, warm and safe.

Doubt melted away and comfort took its place. They talked and jumped and yelled during the day and grew quiet and soft at night. They didn't act any differently around their friends; they didn't tell them they were anything different either. For now, the knowledge that they were together was enough.

There were uncertainties. What was the effect of living in the same house and actually dating, what was going to happen in the future? But they didn't worry about that. They were very good at not caring about consequences.

All the anxiety and pain and tears had melted away. Breakfast was together, lunch was together, dinner was together. Everything they did, they did together. Just like it was supposed to be. Except now, the taste of forever remained in their mouths when they kissed. No panic. No fear.

"Do you believe in soul mates?" was one of the questions in their second Q&A that they'd filmed recently. The questioner was probably referring to Chance and Tessa. Chance had picked it because he wanted to know Anthony's answer.

"Yes," Anthony had said honestly, not elaborating further. "I believe in soul mates."

"Me too. I think so," Chance said, and that was enough. That was what that meant. They were soul mates.

He'd never had a relationship that was this happy, that felt so good. He hadn't even known it was possible. He felt like a helium balloon. He felt like words didn't even make sense in his mind. He felt totally infatuated, dizzy, giddy- but this balloon didn't pop, because this love was real, and it had been real, because he knew all the good and the bad and every bit and piece of Tony just like Tony knew everything about him. Seeking to give. Total comfort. Total honesty. Total bliss.

Bliss that was semi-broken by the screaming match that Jake Paul and Tessa Brooks were having in the foyer, thundering down the stairs.

It was so unlike her to argue with Jake; Asia had truly changed her. Chance's jaw dropped, audibly shocked as he sat at the table as Tessa screamed at the top of her lungs: "You are a fucking asshole! I don't need this!"

"Then leave, you goddamn bitch! Go the same way as Alissa! Fuck you!"

"What the fuck," Anthony mumbled, standing up abruptly. It was a bright day, a mostly empty downstairs; the back doors were held open by a rock and light and heat were let through. But this screaming match led people to open their doors and come out of their rooms, watching this death match occur in the foyer. Jake was physically shoving Tessa, but Tessa didn't seem to care at all, throwing tiny punches back, shrieking at the top of her lungs.

"I am not leaving!" Tessa shrieked. "This is a fucking contract! Are you crazy? I'm going to get lawyers on your ass immediately! Don't you fucking dare touch me!" she yelled, grabbing Jake's arm as he tried to push her toward the door.

"Do you not understand?" Jake bellowed. "Why is everyone so obsessed with flouting my authority? Who do you think you are? You're nothing. You bring nothing to Team 10! I should be taking 0% of your income because you shouldn't be in it!"

"Jake," Nick said, forever calm, rising from his desk, making a poor attempt to stand between Tessa and Jake. "What the hell is going on?"

"Shut your goddamn mouth, Crompton," Jake hissed. "What the fuck do you know?"

"Are you trying to kick her out? You can't do that without my permission."

"It is none of your fucking business. And no, I'm not trying to kick her out. I'm trying to take what's rightfully mine."

Chanthony - Losing Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें