Chapter 1

Neal POV

Slowly I climbed up the window to get in my room. I was sneaking back after an eventful night. If Brian, My elder brother and my Boss in office, get to know that even after him telling me no I left I'll get the worst punishment of my life.

Brian is three years older than me but in my life he had been the father figure. Everything I know today is all because of him. We lost our father when I was very young not remembering much about him. Our mom was there but still not there leaving Brian to take care of me. When I was sixteen we lost our mom and now its only we two brothers. Brian is special agent in FBI organized crime division while I am an agent in the same division allowing him to keep an eye on me 24*7.

Our team got the case of murder of an old couple two days back. After working for full two days on the case we were able to pin point few suspects. After reading the case file I think it is their son behind the murder. I wanted to investigate him but Brian being the boss told me no because there are few things he want to make sure of before investigating him. I tried to argue my point but he dismissed me with the stern glare. I stepped back not wanting him to discipline me in front of other members even though I was sure this discussion will happen again at home. On reaching home he tried to explain me why he did not want me to go investigate the suspect but I was not ready to listen leading me in the corner facing the wall for one full hour till he made dinner and then send to bed straight after dinner. Can you guess 24 year old standing in corner like a toddler and an agent being send to bed early like a naughty school boy. My brother's famous line "You get treated the way you act." So there are no doubts that if he catches me I will not be sitting comfortably for next few days.

Quietly changing out of my clothes I lay down to sleep knowing I got enough information on the suspect without anyone knowing, not even the suspect. Tomorrow I will have few leads to follow. I slowly drifted to sleep.

Brian's POV

I woke up at the crack of dawn to start a busy day. I want to get started on some of the leads and also investigate some suspects. I pray Neal stays calm and listen to me because along with busy schedule I don't want to deal with him but I know he will throw a tantrum. After getting the coffee ready I went up to Neal's room to wake him up. I walked in his room and was shocked to see his room all messed up. Clothes, books, files (seriously those files are important) are on the floor. When will he learn?

"Neal wake up?" I spoke while shaking him lightly. He stirred but didn't wake up. "Wake up boy. It's getting late." I ran my fingers in his hair and with one hand I rubbed his back. The easiest way to wake him up. He slowly opened his eyes and mumbled something. "What is it?"

"Don wanna. Tired."

"Tired? How can you be still tired when you went to bed early?"

"Don Know" While speaking and sleepily he curled into me and laid half on me with his head on my chest and one of his leg on my leg. I couldn't stop the smile on my face.

"As much as I love this moment we need to get ready for work. Up, get ready and come down in ten minutes. We have lots to discuss." I spoke sternly but calmly and with that I went down to have my coffee that stayed on the counter all forgotten.

Neal POV

God I am so tired. I hardly got any sleep at night. It's gonna be a long day. I picked up the cleanest clothes from the floor itself and got ready. Walking downstairs I smelled the aroma of coffee and pancakes. I love my bro. I walked and sat down on the table but instead of plate of food being served my ear got pinched.

"Oocchh Brian it hurts."

"It's suppose to and this will not be the only thing hurting if today you will not clean your room. The first thing you'll do when we come back is to clean your room. Am I clear?"

"Yes sir" With that he left my ear and by the burning of it I am sure it must be deep red in color. Then he placed the plate of pancakes in front of me. We were almost done with my breakfast when his phone rang and his face expressions turned from smile to confusion to anger to furious. As soon as he hung up the call he said only one word "Car" and I practically ran to get in his car. He locked the door before getting in the car and driving to the office. He was still angry and that's why I didn't questioned him about what happened just prayed that whatever the reason is it has nothing to do with what I did last night. Much before my liking we were pulling into office parking. God save me.