I Found Him

Throughout my entire life, I've heard many people's take on relationships. How they come about, how they work, etc. I always listened but never really took any of it to heart. The truth is, I never gave much thought to getting married one day. For some reason I never really saw it in the cards. I was ok with it, though. It wasn't a big deal to me. I went through a long high school relationship that was sub par at best, and for a while after that I was pretty lost. I was lonely, vulnerable, and I had no idea what path I should be on. It was honestly kind of scary. I had no idea what direction my life was going, and I didn't know what to do.
Then, I found him.
I've been friends with him since my freshman year of college. He was one of the very first people I met at my old university. We started talking after running into each other for the first time in a while, and shortly after started dating. It's cliche and cheesy, but I think back to the first few days of our relationship, and I truly think that that is when the life I'm living now began. The moment he kissed me was the moment everything changed and started to make sense. I didn't realize it then, but I do now. I had never thought that I would feel so strongly about someone so quickly.
I realized with him that everyone that talked to me growing up was right; when you know, you know. And I know i found him. I can barely go a few hours without missing him like crazy. When he gets up to go in the morning, the bed feels way too big and empty without him and I can't get back to sleep. Without him near me, I don't feel whole. I just don't feel right.
After going through a good portion of my life believing I would never find the right person, it feels pretty damn good to know that, at twenty two years old, I know i found him.