I felt an instant fear rush through my chest when hearing the words doctor's appointment.

"Oh, uh sure when is a good time?"

"Whenever it's good for you? We don't want to rush you."

"I'm free today?"

"Great! What time?"

"In like 15 minutes."

"Oh that's good, where?"

"Could we do it at the Coffee shop on 30th street?"

"Sure. We'll see you then Faye, bye."

"Bye."

I sigh getting up from my place on the couch to do all the essentials before meeting with Harry and Zayn.

While washing my face I couldn't help but feel nervous yet again about the whole thing.

I prop my arms on the bathroom counter taking deep breaths.

I'll be all right

I'll be fine

...

"So Faye, how have you been?"

"I've been good, and you two?"

"We've been great, we again can't thank you enough for what you're doing for our family."

I nod awkwardly now twisting at my fingers not knowing how to take his compliment. I did my best to change the subject but not too abruptly so that they don't suspect my anxiety. Until Harry looks down at my collarbone where the small bruise was peeking through.

I cover it up with my sweater collar and clear my throat continuing the conversation myself.

"So about the other part of the job, you guys wanted me to do maid work around your house? I don't want to rush you guys or anything but when is it a good time for me to start?"

Zayn looks at Harry and answers, "Whenever you'd like really."

I think about it and realizing that I need to get out the house and be more helpful. Cleaning can be therapeutic if you make it. It can sometimes help clear my fogging mind, it can help me focus and think.

When you're cleaning alone and in the quiet, you have time to answer your everyday daily questions and solve your own dilemmas.

"Can I start tomorrow, I mean if it's okay with you guys."

"No, no that's great you truly are an angel Faye."

I smile a little to feeling better about myself, still unsure how to answer I give a curt nod.

The conversation goes quite and awkward again. I look around to distract myself from the uncomfortable silence.

"Faye?"

I look at Harry worried he might say something about my bruise. I hope he doesn't think I'm doing anything inappropriate, then again that would be easier to explain than the real reason behind it.

"We were thinking it's time you set up your doctor's appointments soon, we're about almost done with legal paper work and we were thinking it's time, but of course it's all up to you—"

I felt a lump in my throat form at the mention of the dreaded conversation; though I was a little relieved that it wasn't about my bruise. Quickly that relief was overpowered by the overwhelming dreaded feeling of responsibility, well it's dreaded for me because I'm so damn nervous about it.

"Oh no you're right I'll um...be sure to call my gynecologist and stuff, but like I said before I'm new to this. I don't know what you guys plan on doing."

"Oh it's not a hard procedure, or painful."

I look to them confused.

...

I went home feeling a little sick. This procedure is a little unsettling It would be a little awkward and weird to do.

Is it to late to back down? Run away and forget I even agreed to doing this? But I could never do that to Harry or Zayn. They're both too sweet.

That night I call my gynecologist, Ned. It was always still awkward setting up an appointment with him or showing up all together.

When I was 15 it was the first time I went because my period wasn't showing up so my mom freaked. I was so scared. I cried on the way there and on the way back.

"Hello, Dr. Ned's office."

"Yeah it's Faye, I'm calling to set up an appointment?"

"Yes what for and when?"

"I'm a surrogate and they asked me to make an appointment for the three of us as soon as possible."

"Oh, ok. Well we will need sperm from the donor of course and an appointment date for both."

"Yea, um I was thinking sometime this week or next week?"

"Okay, I'll need an exact date?"

I think about it, "On May 12th, next month, Thursday at 2:00?"

"Okay so one of Dr. Ned's specialists will see you next month on Thursday, have a good day Mrs. Andrews."

"Yea, okay bye."

"Bye."

I sigh pressure intensity in my chest intensifying.

I later call Harry and then tell him about the plans.

I go to sleep that night worried when I realized that I may have a child.