Chapter 14 | The Evans

C H A P T E R 14 | T H E  E V A N S
E D I T E D
1282 WORDS

C H A P T E R 14 | T H E  E V A N S E D I T E D1282 WORDS

    "Back at Neibolt once again." Eddie said, picking up a rock and throwing it at the front door, "Fucking Bullshit." He mumbled

   "I think it's pretty cool." Richie said. Usually he'd agree with Eddie.

  "Cool?" Stanley said, crossing his arms.

Richie nodded fast, "very, very cool." He said excitedly, smiling so wide it was almost touching the tip of his eyes. It was inhumanly creepy.

Stanley and I exchanged looks that screamed concern. We knew that Richie was looking at us when we did that, too. That's what we wanted. Because if Pennywise did get to Richie, it wants fear. And although It apparently said that "it doesn't need fear to live anymore," Stan and I thought it to be all lies.
   Because how else would it live?

And, as for Ben, he was a complete wreck. He looked completely discoloured and cloud-minded. Plus, his arm was still wrapped in that thin bandage that some of the guys had purchased at the drug market. The placement of the bandage was so bad, half of his infected wound was still showing. The poor guy almost couldn't even hop on his bike. It was awful to see him like that. I honestly don't believe there's a parent at his house because if I came home looking like that, I'd be in a hospital by now.

   "D-Do we have everything we n-need?" Bill asked. Everyone nodded before we headed off into the house.

   The floor boards creaked under us as we followed one another downstairs where the well was located. Seeing it again gave me chills, and it didn't look like I was the only one.

   "I don't think I can do this." Thomas said, stepping off the final step. His face was green with terror, understandably.
   "I may or may not throw up." Thomas said, holding his hand to his mouth dramatically.

  "Do it in the well and make a wish." Mike joked. Everyone laughed except for Ben and Richie.

  "Do we have a rope?" Beverly asked as Bill handed a new one her way.

  "Anyone know how to tie this thing?" Beverly said, holding it up sturdy. Bill went by her side and tried to help, although everyone doubted that he could help her at all.

   Everyone stood silent, waiting for the rope to be set up. And of course, Richie was staring my way with that horrendous glare on his face.

   "Stanley." I whispered in his ear, nodding towards Richie. Stanley sighed.

   "Richie." He suddenly spoke up.