Chapter 10

Well, only because I was looking forward to posting this.

Chapter 10
The Past Haunts

Mia could've sworn that she died a thousand deaths in that instant.

Everyone looked at the source of the noise. The source was a vampire standing right next to Maria. The vampire's removed his hood, revealing his face.

"Lieutenant Everdeen?" Maria asked.

A sudden realisation hot everyone who knew Mia's story. Caius went to take Mia's hand but Mia stepped back.

"J-James?" She asked.

"Tia." He said.

"You're alive."

"Barely."

"What happened?"

"Maria found me. She...she changed me." He told her.

Mia threw Maria a glare.

"Don't give me that glare!" Maria said. "I did nothing to deserve it! I did not know that he was with someone romantically. He seemed perfect! And he is!"

"And when you took him, he was mine." Mia finished cutting Maria short.

"Mia, darling, don't blame Maria. You'll come to find, she's am extremely pleasant person. Amazing company. One of the few people I can spend years with." Caius said.

"Then maybe you should have married her." Mia snapped.

Caius looked at her in shock. Mia had always been a happy and bubbly person. Never had she ever snapped at anyone like this.

"Mia..." He started. "I don't understand..."

"It's not something you will. I doubt anyone will." Mia said. "And Bella dearest, there you go. Your wish fulfilled. You won. By sheer dumb luck. But whatsoever, you won, nonetheless."

And this, was again shocking. Mia had never been the one to give up. That was the reason she always 'won'.

"Mia?" Caius asked. "What happened?"

"Nothing." She said. "Nothing did."

"Mia, I know this is upsetting. But Maria had no such intentions. She didn't want to hurt you by doing anything. And we found each other. We owe Maria for that now. With all this, Maria may look like someone you must blame. But believe me, she isn't. Maria is a good person. I get along with her. I'm sure you will too, if you put all of this aside." Caius said.

And here, Mia could feel herself lose it. She couldn't believe it. Her husband, who claimed to love her, was siding with a woman she was clearly not fond of in her own moment of weakness.

"I know. It's my bad." Mia said.

"It's okay.."Maria started.

"I should've thought everything through." Mia continued. "This is clearly not a battle for me. Seeing as, I don't belong on either side." Mia could feel her gifts working the magic as tears started rolling down her cheeks. "I...I can't take this. I'm sorry...for...everything."

"Tia." James said.

"I missed you James." She smiled lightly through her sobs.

And with that, she was gone.

Hey guyss. Hope you like it. Do vote, comment, follow and share