"you know it is –– who else do i buy ugly yellow roses for?"

"yellow roses aren't ugly." yoongi argues as he takes the single flower from hoseok and rubs the pad of his thumb over one of the gloriously coloured petals.

"they're an eyesore." hoseok retorts.

"you're an eyesore."

"real mature, yoongi, real mature." hoseok rolls his eyes.

yoongi chuckles softly, "m'joking baby. thanks for the rose." he murmurs, giving hoseok a soft kiss on the cheek. hoseok smiles at the kiss and leans his head down to rest his forehead against yoongi's, humming out, "excited for your performance?"

"mm." yoongi murmurs, sounding uncommitted as he twirls the rose slowly in his hand. hoseok pulls away from the smaller, frowning at the boy's reaction. usually yoongi's hyped before a performance, hurriedly practicing his lines whilst sorting out his appearance out in the mirror with the fancy light bulbs lining the edge.

"what's wrong? you not feeling well?" hoseok queries, sounding concerned as he bends his knees slightly to come face to face with yoongi and examine his rather pasty complexion. growing a tad bit worried, he presses a hand to yoongi's forehead, attempting to check his temperature but yoongi pushes his hand away gently.

he shakes his head, sighing heavily. "im just worried about haneul."

"what do you mean?" hoseok questions, straightening up and frowning down at yoongi.

"earlier, when jungkook and taehyung were talking after the fight, haneul kept eyeing them up and she looked really curious — i dunno but, i think she'll try to do something." yoongi explains, exasperated, "i don't want her to break jungkook again, not when he's just moving on."

"mm," hoseok hums as he folds his arms over his chest, "knowing her, she'll try something but. . . yanno," hoseok grins, "taehyung and jungkook aren't as brittle as you think, yoongs. because even though taehyung looked scared shitless today and jungkook got angry yelled at him, the both of them ended up cuddling up to each other in the next hour."

"yeah?" yoongi sounds unconvinced.

"yeah," hoseok presses firmly, "whatever haneul does, im sure they'll power through it. and what makes you think jungkook'll let haneul go anywhere near taehyung? the kid's around taehyung 24/7." hoseok chuckles quietly.

"good point." yoongi comments, turning on the balls of his feet and walking towards his lit up dressing table. standing by the mirror, yoongi looks at hoseok through the mirror with a heavy sigh escaping from his pink mouth, "but—"

"yoongi, don't worry about them." hoseok cuts in, watching yoongi gnaw on the inside of his cheek as he sets the bright flower down on the oak table's surface.

"it's hard not to." yoongi replies, tugging the hood of his raincoat over his dark hair, "but whatever, i gotta prepare. are taekook so busy snuggling up to each other that they couldn't come to my stage?" yoongi asks dryly as he fixes the bright red raincoat settled on his shoulders. hoseok laughs in reply, indicating that yes, taekook is missing his fucking performance.

"damnit, i was really excited to show taehyung too — i feel like he'd enjoy it." yoongi mutters to himself as he examines his reflection.