ab origine

Delia is not fond of her job. But that's hardly saying anything. Delia isn't fond of much.

It's been nearly a year since Delia first began her training and now she's almost ready to take on the job full time. But ready doesn't mean she wants to. No, Delia would much rather stay home, as far away from earth and those idiotic humans as possible. But she doesn't really have much of a choice. If she had, she'd definitely back out and leave the reaping to her brother. But, of course, she doesn't have an option and she's forced to fly down to earth to take another soul, but she might've ran into some...complications. Complications similar to losing a soul? That just might have happened. Possibly. But it wasn't her fault. It was the rain. Most definitely the rain.

That is how Delia ends up in the rain frantically searching for a soul she'd accidentally misplaced (yes, that is possible, and no, she doesn't do it often). That's also how she runs into a human. A stupid, lazy, ugly, irritating human. Except maybe this human isn't stupid. Or lazy. Maybe he's smart, and funny, and energetic and absolutely, breath-takingly gorgeous. But still irritating.

Oh, and maybe, just maybe, this human can see her.

Copyright © 2015 by Julia Simmons

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the publisher, addressed "Attention: Permissions Coordinator," at the address below.

basically just dont steal my stuff. thx. 

Sorry, I'm horrible at summaries or plot descriptions or whatever, but please read it anyway? Or don't. I don't care (read: I care a lot, please read.)

WARNING: Profanity. Lots of fucking swearing.

xoxo, stay gold (fave book reference, get used to it)

jules