She finally swings, but I catch her fist with my left hand and hold it tightly, whilst slamming my right leg into her gut. She makes this sort of wheeze sound when I release her and I sweep my leg under her, attempting to knock her down.

        She jumps in the nick of time and throws two hard punches at my face, causing me to stumble back a bit. Due to me being unstable, a hard kick in the back knocks me on the ground. I hear Amy and Kat yelling something, but their voices seem muffled as if I was plunged underwater. Kendall climbs atop me, spits in my face, and strikes me with her fist once again. I somehow regain most of my strength due to my increased rage and fold my legs in, before pushing Kendall off me so hard she nearly falls on her bum.

        I stand quickly, and immediately thrust my leg out, kicking Kendall hard in the jaw with my foot. My left arm wraps around her neck, putting her in a headlock and I continuously perform the quick kicks that Tris showed me yesterday. Kendall then collapses to the floor, and rolls over onto her back. I lift her up by her shirt collar and strike her dead in the nose, knocking the wind out of her once again.

        "You win, Serenity." Tris's voice for a moment sounds bitter. Did she not like the fact that I won? She was the one that told me I could win in a fight and boosted my confidence after all.

        I slowly exit the arena to be praised by my friends for kicking Kendall's ass. At one moment, I catch a glimpse of her hair strewn all over the place while Alex guides her to a bench. Her face looks rough and filthy as if she just cleaned a chimney. A dried blood stain is displayed just beneath her left nostril. Karma's done her well.

        I take a moment and look down at my hands that were once fists. The hands that played clapping games and picked fruit in the fields; the hands that nearly knocked Kendall out cold. My new found rage was both exhilarating and frightening to me. I have to control it. I don't want to end up being feared by everyone.

        The rest of the fights pass by quickly. Amy won her fight against Isaac, Destiny easily beat Alex, and Kat was able to beat Nick which sort of surprises me.

        "No more training for the rest of the day. Spend your afternoon freely. Fights resume tomorrow." Four says, before dismissing us.

        "Hey, doesn't that girl look familiar? " Amy asks, gesturing to the girl, Allison. The only one that didn't fight today. She walks by herself towards the exit, though she doesn't have a lonely persona, just a friendless one. Her red hair bounces with every step she takes.

        I stare at her for a bit longer and imagine her wearing a yellow shirt and red pants. Allison was from Amity! She's never talked to me nor have I talked to her, but I've definitely seen her in my classes and around the farms.

        "She was from Amity. We've just never noticed her." I tell Amy who nods. In all of the excitement during the Choosing Ceremony, I didn't notice Allison choose Dauntless.

        "Why don't you invite her to get tattoos with us?" Kat suggests, smiling brightly.

        Amy and I agree with the idea, however, we argue over who gets to ask her for three minutes until Amy just jogs over to catch up with Allison, leaving me defeated. When she returns without Allison by her side, we give her puzzled looks.

        "She said she wants to be alone now and that she doesn't really make friends that easily," Amy informs, leaving us in an awkward silence.

        "Tattoos here we come!" Isaac proclaims, and after heading down three different hallways, we finally reach the tattoo parlor.

        Countless designs decorate the walls, showcasing the numerous choices to pick from. While the others look through the design books, I select a tattoo of a wolf's head. A wolf's head is a symbolism of freedom, so I read and after winning my first fight, I'm feeling pretty free. As I search for a tattoo artist, a woman in a corner near a door makes whispering noises at me and I turn to identify her.