~~~

Connor stepped out of Professor Shane's office, his head bowed so as not to attract too much attention. He could still feel the eyes of the college students following his movements but he just kept going, determined to make it to his trailer.

He was walking towards the small clearing in the middle of the woods where his trailer was when he saw the hybrid pacing in front of it. Connor stopped and just stared, going through his options to see which was the best one.

The hunter didn't get a chance to decide before the hybrid turned and saw him, a huge grin forming on his face.

He walked a little closer to where Connor was standing, causing the hunter to take the same amount of steps backwards. The grin on the hybrid's face grew. "You know, Klaus looked at me like I was an idiot when I suggested that someone should wait here for you." The hybrid paused and Connor kept quiet. "Who's the idiot now?"

Connor narrowed his eyes and sneered at the monster in front of him. "You are." He ran towards the hybrid, grabbing a broken branch along the way and aiming it at the hybrid's heart.

The hybrid easily grabbed his hand and ripped the makeshift stake out of it. "Did you really think that was gonna work?" He mocked and shoved Connor down.

The hunter scooted backwards, his eyes locked on the hybrid, without answering. This caused a look of amusement to enter the hybrid's eyes.

The hybrid flashed in front of Connor and kicked him in the side, causing him to fly into his trailer. "I know I can't kill you but Klaus said nothing about roughing you up a bit."

Connor reached under the trailer and grabbed a real stake, making sure that the hybrid didn't see it. "How does it feel to know your boss cares more about me?"

The hybrid narrowed his eyes and walked over to where Connor was still laying. Once he was close enough Connor tightened his hold on the stake and aimed it at the hybrid's heart.

He easily caught his hand and grabbed the wooden object from the hunter. He gave the stake a cursory glance before he flung it among the trees. He narrowed his eyes at the hunter. "Did you really think that would work? It didn't even work the first time."

Connor just glared at him and felt around under his trailer again, his fingers skimming his target. The hybrid just laughed and continued towering over the hunter. Connor kept quiet as the hybrid got closer and closer.

When he was close enough the smirk became present on Connor's face. "I didn't think it was gonna work." The hybrid's eyebrows scrunched up in confusion. "It was a distraction."

Before the hybrid could react, Connor swung his hand up, a machete in his hand, and chopped the hybrid's head off. Connor rested the back of his against his trailer and sighed out in exhaustion. He stayed like this for a few minutes before he forced himself to stand and picked up the hybrid's head.

The hunter entered his trailer and looked around. He saw the papers on his table were out of order and there were two bloody arrows thrown carelessly on the floor.

Connor knew that one—or maybe more—of the vampires had been in his trailer, not that he didn't expect that. By his guess it was one of the ones that confronted him at the hospital.

Connor shook his head and cleared the table, placed a white sheet down, and placed the head on the sheet. He walked over to the small bathroom and washed up a little, making sure to change his clothes.

Once he was clean enough, Connor returned to the head with a few syringes. He stuck them into the hybrid's gums and extracted his werewolf venom. When all the venom was extracted, Connor grabbed a duffel bag and stuffed it with various weapons, including the werewolf venom.