Chapter 15

Connor Jordan walked deliberately through the front of the hospital, going through the plan in his head

Get to his target's room. Distract and get rid of the guard that would most likely be there. And finally get what he came here for.

Connor flashed a smile to a nearby couple and continued walking, making sure that he didn't garner any extra attention. Before long, Connor approached a long empty hallway that led to the corner that he needed to go around to get to his intended target.

He pressed himself against the wall and peered around the corner. Sure enough, there was a police officer standing guard at the door. Connor pulled away and took deliberately loud footsteps, successfully drawing the officer's attention.

Connor dashed into an empty janitor's closet as the officer rounded the corner. He waited until he heard receding footsteps before he exited the room and walked up quickly behind the man. He wrapped his hands around the man's neck, applying a sleeper hold and putting the man asleep.

He dragged him towards the wall and propped him up before turning back to the door. The tag next to the door read Tyler Lockwood.

Connor couldn't help but sneer at the name. Tyler Lockwood was gone—dead—however long ago. He wasn't a person, it was a thing in that room. A vampire. There was a monster in that room, wearing the face of the innocent Tyler Lockwood.

Connor swallowed his hatred and disgust as he pushed the door open and entered the room. He closed the door quietly behind him and scanned the room.

His eyes went to the bed, the sheets rumpled but no Tyler Lockwood. He walked further into the room and turned in a circle before he caught sight of the boy hiding in a corner.

The boy pounced at him but the hunter just grabbed him and pulled the syringe out of his pocket, stabbing the Lockwood in the neck. He instantly felt the resistance leave the boy's body and moved him to the bed.

"Don't bother. It's a paralytic." He informed the boy before he pulled another syringe from his pocket and lifted Tyler's lips. He stuck the needle under his gums and carefully began extracting a few millimeters of his werewolf venom.

He watched Tyler try to move for a few minutes, a look of satisfaction on his face, before he took his leave.

A few minutes later he arrived at his trailer parked in the middle of the woods, checking his surroundings for any unwanted visitors. He was 99% sure that the monsters knew that he was in Mystic Falls, especially after that stunt he pulled at the funeral. Connor was sure of at least 3 people being vampires but he knew they couldn't be the only ones. Not with all the animal attacks that happened in this town.

Connor finally entered his trailer and carefully took the syringe with Tyler's werewolf venom from his jacket. He quickly set up his station with a Bunsen burner to distill the venom. If he was gonna fight vampires he was gonna need all the help he could get.