Chapter 1

Present Day Mystic Falls

Rebekah Mikaelson stomped down the grand stairs in the Mikaelson mansion in pursuit of her older brother, Nik

"Nik, please." She pleaded with him for the 10th time that day. All she wanted was for him to take the bloody dagger out of her sister's heart.

Nik finally turned around to face her, an irritated expression on his face. Rebekah just rolled her eyes. His irritation was the last thing on her mind right now. "No, Bekah." He then turned away from her and continued walking away.

"What's the reason now, Nik?" Rebekah yelled out after him. "Why can't I get my bloody sister back?" Tears were starting to flow from her eyes but she angrily wiped them away. Her words were enough to make him pause his walking but he didn't turn to face her.

She just couldn't understand why he didn't wake her. Out of all their siblings Erikah and her were the ones that were always by his side. No matter what. And now he absolutely refused to undagger her.

More tears spilled from her eyes as Nik finally turned to face her. All traces of irritation were gone from his face as he walked closer to her.

He finally stopped walking once he was right in front of her and placed his hands on both sides of her face with a smile. To her surprise, he kissed her on the forehead. "Go get Kol." He said simply and Rebekah understood.

A bright smile spread across her face and she wiped her remaining tears away before she pulled her older brother in for a hug. "Thank you." She muttered into his shoulder before she pulled away and flashed out of the mansion.

~~~

The bells above the door of the Mystic Grill jingled as Rebekah pushed her way into the small diner. The few occupants in the diner turned to face the blonde vampire but the only ones she paid attention to were the 5 people—Caroline, Bonnie, Elena, Damon, and Stefan—sitting in one of the booths in the corner. The group gave her equal looks of suspicion while Rebekah just smiled sarcastically at them.

Rebekah waved slightly before she turned away from them and looked around the diner for her brother. She finally spotted him sitting at the bar, staring at the group that Rebekah had just taunted. She rolled her eyes and walked over to sit on the stool next to him.

Kol sensed her presence the moment she sat down. "To what do I owe the pleasure, baby sister?"

Rebekah rolled her eyes as she ordered her own glass of alcohol from the bartender. "1) Stop calling me baby sister. You're only older by 5 minutes and I'm not even the youngest of us three. And 2) I just wanted to spend time with my older brother." Rebekah took a long sip of her drink and smiled sweetly at Kol, whose eyes were narrowed as he gazed at her.

"Doesn't matter, I'm still older." He replied after a few seconds. He drained his glass and then called the bartender over for a refill. "You know I can tell when you're lying, Bekah." Kol looked at her with a raised eyebrow as he took another sip of his drink. "What do you really want?"