Chapter 9- Marcus

Start from the beginning

    "Garret! Watkins! Matthews! Stop sitting around get back on the field!" Coach shouted.

    "Somebody shoot me," Nick groaned as he put his helmet back on.

    Stuffing my shoulder pads and helmet into my locker, my arms and legs felt heavy from our intense workout. The shower helped with the soreness a little, but it still feels like my limbs had turned to lead.

    I slung my backpack over my shoulder, and began the walk out to my car.

    "Hey, Garrett, wait up!" Nick said jogging up to me. "God, you're really going to make me run again, after that practice. I thought we were friends."

    "Oh, sorry," I apologized. "What's up?" I asked leaning against the side of my car.

    Nick hopped on the hood of his new Porsche, it seems like his dad is getting him a new car every month, maybe it's to make up for him never being home. "Are you coming over, Dad just got the new FIFA from this guy he knows at Microsoft?"

    I've been waiting for the new FIFA release for months, but I also want to go home and read, and more importantly sleep. "Nah, I'm going to head home."

    "Going to spend some time alone thinking about Nia?" he asked wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

    I rolled my eyes, "No." I probably will think about her, but not while I'm doing what Nick is suggesting.

    "Yeah, right," he laughed. "You so are."

    "Would you stop saying that," I huffed, I don't want anyone to hear him.

    "Why? It's true, you like her."

    "Because I don't want people to hear you say things like that." What if Nia is around and she hears him.

    "People or Sam?" he asked with a raised brow.

    "Both," I replied honestly.

    "Are you going to tell him?"

    "Tell him what?" Nothing's even happened yet.

    "To back off, of course. You are going to try to ask her out, right?"

    "Of course, I am. But I don't know how to tell Sam I'm going to do that, or that I want to do that, because he's so excited about asking her to prom."

    "But technically you saw her first, so you get dibs," Nick reasoned. "You get to ask her out."

    "I guess," I sighed. Nick made it sound easy, but I feel like I'm breaching some kind of guy code, I may have seen and talked to her first, but if it wasn't for Sam I wouldn't have even known she was going to be here.

    "I'm not surprised you like her," he smirked. "I'm glad you're over Whitney, she's on the verge of going full psycho over you."

    "Don't remind me," I said. God, Whitney has crazy written all over her. I don't know how I hadn't seen it before.

    "Speaking of your girl, there she is," Nick said nodding towards the other side of the parking lot. Nia and Lavender stood next to an old beat up car with two girls sitting on the hood, they didn't go to East Chapel. One wore a leather jacket, and had a shaved head, I can't imagine any girl at East Chapel daring to shave their head. The other had massive amounts of dark curly hair piled on top of her head in an up-do, she a dark lipstick and elaborate eye makeup.

    "That car would be sick if it was fixed up a little," Nick said next to me. He was really into getting old cars and fixing them up. "I bet red would be a good color, or a dark green."