Chapter 41: Nia

She's a monster.

A lying, two-faced, life ruining monster. I was so excited for Marcus and I to put everything behind us and Whitney goes and pulls this. My reputation is ruined, not that I've even had time to establish one, but what little one I did have is ruined. Everyone thinks I'm a boyfriend stealing slut. Or at least that's what I heard in the bathroom.

"Can you believe Marcus cheated on Whitney?" this girl said from in front of the bathroom mirror. "I mean if he wanted to hook up with me, I would do it, but that's still pretty slutty of that Nia girl to date him knowing he has a girlfriend."

"But what can you expect from a girl like that," her friend replied. "I just hope he doesn't get her pregnant."

There were so many things in those two statements that I could be offended by, I was too upset to pick and choose, so I just cried about all of it.

Sniffling, I pulled some toilet paper from the dispenser and wiped my eyes. As much as I wanted to I couldn't stay in the bathroom for the entire period. I made sure those two girls had left before exiting the last bathroom stall.

I splashed some cold water on my face. I would do anything to have some of the eye drops that Lavender kept in her bag right now. It was embarrassing enough to be in the center of a cheating scandal, but it's even worse to look guilty. And right now I looked guilty.

Closing my eyes I pressed my hands to my forehead, a blistering headache was starting to form. This was too much.

When I imagined what East Chapel would be like, I didn't expect there to be so much drama. Well, I did but I didn't think I would be in the middle of it. I thought it would be like Gossip Girl, only I would be one of the extras. Now I'm Dan Humphries, neck deep in this shit.

Damn, I never wanted to be Dan Humphries.

The bathroom door opened,  I opened my eyes to see Crystal's reflection in the mirror. A sympathetic look adorned her beautiful face, she walked towards me with her arms out. I welcomed her embrace.

I rested my head on her shoulder. "She won't get away with this," she said running a hand up and down my back. "I promise, she won't."

"But why does it feel like she will?" I asked blinking back tears. "No one's going to believe me." Everyone's minds are already made up, and anything that I say falls on deaf ears. The looks I was getting when Marcus and I left the cafeteria made me sick to my stomach.

"Maybe Marcus and I should take a break for awhile? Just until things cool down." That's not what I want but maybe it'll be for the best.

Holding me by my shoulders, she said, "No. That's exactly what she wants. She wants you two to break up, you can't do that. I'm so sick of her trying to control everyone around her with lies and threats." She said the last part mostly to herself.

"But Crystal..."

"No," she stopped me. Determination burned in her blue eyes. "No she's not going to do this to you."

"Fine," I said tired. She shouldn't even be being nice to me after the way I attacked her.

"I'm sorry for the things I said to you, Crystal. You didn't deserve that, I was mad at Marcus for what I thought had happened, and I took it out on you. I shouldn't have commented on you and Whitney's friendship, I don't know anything about it."

"Nia, it's fine, I understand," she said accepting my apology. "And as far as Whitney and I's friendship...well, you're right she does have something against me. I would prefer for her not to spread it around, but if she does then I'll just have to deal with it."