Chapter 43

"Babe, I'm really pissed off with George right now." She told me coldly. She was holding her phone. It was vibrating loudly and she looked at it.

"Why? What happened?" I asked. What did he do to my lovely girlfriend?

"I was just joking about something and he's too sensitive. Lately, he has been very moody and it's weird, don't you think? He's worse than a girl having her menstruation."

"He's too sensitive. What is he? A girl?" I joked. She laughed at that comment and leaned her head on my shoulder. I held her hand.

"He said that I was free."

"What does free mean?"

"I think he'll stop courting me."

"Well, he should! You have a boyfriend already. A very, very handsome boyfriend, I must say!" She giggled and said, "If you say so, Mr. Handsome."

I kissed her forehead and checked the time. It was still early in the afternoon. We went directly to the park, where we first met, after school because she didn't want to go home yet. She always wants to hang out under the acacia tree. We carved our names there before and luckily, no one scratched it and took it off. It was still carved clearly and neatly there. Rain or shine, it will still be there. Unless a typhoon comes and destroys the tree.

"I checked the mail yesterday and found a letter addressed to me. It was from Jake. He's a friend of mine who lives in Canada." I explained, trying to remember what was written on the letter. "He was telling me stories about his crush and how she ignores him."

"So?"

I didn't know what to reply to that. I mean, I said a lot of things! "So yeah."

She laughed and I have her the what-the-hell look. "I love you." She whispered. In an instant, that made me smile.

A street cleaner approached us and told us that he was going to clean the bench. We stood up and left. I accompanied Laira to her house and giving er a goodbye kiss before going home.

*******************************

There was a man, dressed in black. His shirt was black. He wore a leather jacket and shades. He looked like a black gangster with his motor bike. It was like one of those monster bikes on TV. I have never seen one of those in real life. His motor was parked at the far end of the parking lot. Cars normally don't park there because it was dark and the lights were broken. Even though that was the case, he still parked there and stood there waiting for something.

I, on the other hand, was looking at him from inside of my car. I had a blue mercedes benz. The car windows were tinted so I knew that the guy in black couldn't see me. It was unusual for someone to stay there.

In a split second, he rode his motor and headed straight for me. I stepped on the gas to get away from him. I knew he was following me. He chased me arouns the parking lot. Why weren't there any othere people on this floor? We were in a basement of a mall, in the parking lot, of course.

The guy took out his gun and shot three bullets. One bullet hit my tire. Flat tire. My car stopped because there was a weird sound. He got out of his bike and approached my car.

He opened my door and pointed the gun at my head. He took his helmet off and I recognized him as someone I know.

George.

"She's mine." He whispered. His voice was firm even though it was just a whisper. He pulled the trigger.

Beep beep beep.

My alarm.

I sat down. I held my head, feeling its presence. I'm alive. I still have a head.

I'm not headless!

That dream was creepy. Why would he try to kill me?

I searched for my phone under my pillow and quickly typed a message and sent it to Laira. It was 2 in the morning and I hope she receives it.

To: Babe <3

I had a bad dream. I wish you were here beside me so that I could hug you tight and bury my face in your neck.

She didn't reply so I figured she was fast asleep. I went back to bed and tried to sleep but no matter how hard I try, I just couldn't sleep.

I played this new game called 2048. It took me an hour just to get the 512 tile! Laira's the expert in this game. She has a higher score and I can't even beat her.

Tomorrow, I'll tell her about my dream and how scary it was. I need to be in her arms. I miss her so much.