Manik's feet worked on their own and he started to run. He didn't even know in which storm she was in. She didn't come to him, that already scared him to death. 

__________________

Nandini's mother sat in dark gazing the weather going stormy. Someone turned on the lights and that's when she realized how room was pitch dark. A maid was standing on door looking at her sympathetically. Mrs Murthy didn't realize what was there at her face to earn such pity from the girl. Her hands reached for her cheeks and she realized how they were wet. 

She was crying. 

"Ma'am, Kishan didn't find Nandini madam anywhere in town," Maid informed and Mrs Murthy nodded. 

She had sent her driver to look for Nandini. Mrs Murthy had never thought that she would see such day where her husband would do such a thing. Things between them weren't good ever, but which family doesn't have difference? 

 Nandini was never an ideal child, she did everything to annoy them but at end of day, she was their daughter and Mrs Murthy couldn't rein the motherly instinct. 

"Shall I bring something for you?" Maid asked and Mrs Murthy looked at her blankly. 

"Ask Kishan to keep searching, please," Her voice broke a bit but she turned away her face trying to conceal her crowded emotions from the maid. 

Maid kept looking at her in pity. Nobody knew that Mrs Murthy even loved Nandini, they had always seen her cursing her for one thing or another. 

_______________

Manik's prediction was wrong. It wasn't a mere downpour, it was a thunderstorm which was scary as hell. Manik reached the market and ran frantically from one shop to another. She had to be around. Uncle Bernard's shop was around the corner and Manik knew she would be there. He could see Bernard rescue center and it looked like a disappointment which was about to knock him down. It was dark, no trace of light there. Manik reached the shutter and saw it locked. 

Shaking his head, he tried to understand why Uncle Bernard's shop was closed. It never was closed before. He looked around but saw nothing. There wasn't a single life around. His throat was going drier even when he was soaked from tip to toe. He walked to the lamppost and stood there indecisive. It was the same place where he used to stand every night in wait to see her one glimpse. He looked up to see a dark window. She wasn't there. 

"Nandiniiii" 

He shouted her name not knowing where she was. 

__________________

Rishi drove the car on risky roads to reach Uncle Bernard's house which was in outskirts. He looked at man beside, Daadu had turned even paler. His breathing was uneven. They didn't find Nandini in academy and not even in town. Rishi clutched Daadu's hand trying to assure him something so unsure. 

"We'll find her, Daadu," Rishi tried to make him speak but Daadu didn't reply. 

"It's all our fault... It's our fault, Rishi," He spoke after a long pause. 

"We shouldn't have let her go," He added and Rishi inhaled an urgent breath. Nothing and no one was helping. Guilt was overpowering everything. 

Brakes of his car screeched as his tires skid on runny road. He got out and ran towards Uncle Bernard's house. It was dark. Rishi assumed how Uncle Bernard must be sleeping. Nandini had to be there. She always came to Uncle Bernard whenever she didn't feel like returning home. Daadu didn't come out of car, his chest was tight and he knew how his blood pressure was going up. He knew already how she wasn't there. He must have sensed it from miles. He just knew it was all futile.