Chapter 25: So Fond Of...

"Yah, Mirasol! Can't you slow down a bit? You're going a bit too fast, aren't you?"

"Me? I don't think you're going fast enough!"

It was a weird sight if one really remembered how the two met. Choi Mirasol and Oh Sehun, they were once a duo who were ready to get at each other's throats, for whenever the mere thought of their names would bring boiling anger to their bodies. But now? They were having fun together. They rented bikes to ride along the Han River.

They've been at it for a good thirty minutes now, taking in the sights that Han River had to offer. It was nice, Mira was fully enjoying herself for something she had always wanted to do.

"Aha, caught up to you!" Mira craned her head to the right and saw Sehun at her side, having sped up to match her pace. She smiled playfully, pushing her legs to go even faster. What were they racing for? She wasn't sure. Did they even have an ending point to this useless race? Nope. "Mirasol!"

The sun was high above them, the heat hitting their bodies. If Mira was to say she wasn't one bit tired, she'd be lying. But she was having too much fun.

"The great Oh Sehun can't catch up?"

"Those are fighting words, Mirasol."

The two strode on side by side. Eventually, they came to a part of the side of the river that was filled with beautiful greenery. Mira slowed down into a halt, with Sehun stopping alongside her. She pointed over to the pathway that was lined with pretty flowers, as she peered over at Sehun. "Shall we go up there?"

Sehun bared an amused expression. "It's like you never went through a botanical park before."

The young model thought back to her hazy past. Did she experience a park like this before or... was it Jovelyn? Yeah, it was probably her sister.

"That's because I never been through one," Mira chimed. She hopped off her bike and lead it into the pathway. Her eyes widened at the beauty of the plants flourishing around her. The green of it all was vibrant and the flowers were stunning. Just walking through it made Mira feel at ease.

"Walking through here and being at Han River makes me realize how much I'm missing out just by staying in my apartment. I was okay being a homebody, but it's nice doing stuff outside," Mirasol uttered as she stopped at one part, eying the pretty purple flowers. "I think I got jealous after seeing characters in dramas have so much fun that most young people usually do."

"Are you saying that you only took me out today for your own selfish reasons? How heartless, Choi Mirasol." As an empty bench case into view, the very girl parked the bike and sat on it. At that moment, she could finally feel the exhaustion taking over her body. Sehun still towered over her. "See, your body is starting to feel sore, doesn't it?"

"Kind of," She meekly admitted, her hand lightly massaging her legs.

"Aren't you too hot, also? You literally wore pants and an oversized sweater again today," Sehun huffed with a shake of his head. "You're going to overheat."

"I'll just rest a bit." Mira frowned, she was getting a bit breathless now. Luckily, she was sitting. She rolled up her sleeves and let the small breeze touch some bare skin.

"Wait right here." Sehun then jogged off through the pathway, out of Mira's sight. She called after him, but alas, he didn't answer her.

Mira just continued to enjoy nature as she did what Sehun said. She watched as happy couples passed by arm in arm, the love very evident in their eyes for each other. Seeing such people made the model smile herself, as if some of their love had rubbed off on her.